Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Heartburn related to anxiety ????? Someone please respond !!  (Read 100 times)

Offline Graysons mummy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
For the past 2 weeks I have suffered with cronic heart burn , I get the burning sensation , the pain in chest when I move my shoulders Etc , I feel extremely sick in my chest and I get the lump feeling in my throat , I suffered with heart burn when I was pregnant but toke omeprazole which worked a dream , went to the doctors this time round and they upped my omeprazole to 40 mg , have been taking it along with gaviscon when I can over the past few days but nothing is improving :( if anything I feel like it's getting worse and I'm constantly obsessing over it cause I'm really worried I'm going to die or something ( sounds out there I know ) but I can't stop
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heartburn related to anxiety ????? Someone please respond !!
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:42:38 PM »
First off - YES heartburn can be related to anxiety. For sure!!! 
Also - I'm not a doctor but I notice that if I get a bad bout of heartburn I am then more prone to it for a little while after ... As if maybe my esophagus is raw or sore from having it badly and takes time to heal. So go easy on your stomach for a bit and wait for it to get better.
It won't kill you. You're just hyper aware of everything. Here's the other way I calm myself with things like that:  Look at alllllll the commercials and meds there are for heartburn relief.. Heartburn must be outrageously common for all that!  But people aren't rushing to the doctor or hospital when they get it. So it's not serious!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Graysons mummy

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Heartburn related to anxiety ????? Someone please respond !!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »
Thanks , I'm just worrying cause I've got a 13 week old baby and it's really affecting my life not to mention making me feel extremely sick , docs want a stool sample to test for a stomach infection so we shall see
Bookmark and Share

Tags: