Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about this lymph node behind my ear...  (Read 119 times)

Offline pluperfecthell

• May
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My panic attack is having a panic attack.
    • Poke This Member
Worried about this lymph node behind my ear...
« on: June 12, 2014, 12:32:19 PM »
It's been there for a looooong time... I'm actually not sure if it's a lymph node? Is it a swollen gland? It's like a little swollen bump on my neck right behind my ear. Maybe for around 2 years? (Well, I noticed it about 2 years ago). I made the mistake of googling and it said that cancer and tumor growth could be one of the causes a.k.a. my biggest fear so of course I'm now panicking a bit. My head kind of always feels weird to begin with and for a while now my feet and hands have had this weird feeling where it's almost like they're numb/loss of sensation but I can still feel things. I don't know if this has anything to do with it either but my nose is ALWAYS stuffy. I happen to have a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm gonna ask her about it but I'm afraid she's just gonna brush it off because she knows I'm a hypochondriac and she's a pediatrician.  If there was anything could it be found in blood tests? My mom wants me to get my annual one done. I'm really trying to calm myself down but I'm an idiot who read some forums about how cancer showed up as random lumps for them too.
Bookmark and Share

Offline pluperfecthell

• May
  • Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Thoughtful
    Thoughtful
  • My panic attack is having a panic attack.
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about this lymph node behind my ear...
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 01:10:53 PM »
And now I'm worrying about spine cancer because I also saw that on a forum... my back hurts all the time combined with the weird feelings in my hands/feet and some weakness and tremors in my hands...
Bookmark and Share

Offline Seeker

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about this lymph node behind my ear...
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 02:54:40 PM »
I have worries because of the firm, immovable lymph node around the occipital area. I've asked my GP and my haematologist about it and they both said there is nothing to worry about. It has been there for the last 6 months.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: