Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Flexible sigmoidoscopy  (Read 118 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Flexible sigmoidoscopy
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:55:46 AM »
After months if worrying and stomach troubles I finally have a flexible sigmoidoscopy in the next 2 weeks. Now I'm anxious AGAIN in case they actually find cancer  ::) Going to the loo over the past couple of weeks has been alright, better than it was. I haven't had blood when I've gone for a couple of months (that I'm aware of) and I'm not anaemic. I have had a lot of mucus though and differentiating constipation and diarrhoea. I usually get diarrhoea one day every 2 weeks though recently it lasted a few days. I'm experiencing a day like this at the moment though a few days ago I went and from what I could tell, it was normal.

I guess what I'm seeking right now is reassurance although I know I really have to just wait for the flexible sigmoidoscopy. If I had cancer, the diarrhoea and or constipation wouldn't be off and on right? And I'd ALWAYS have blood? I wouldn't have a good few days then a bad day?

Someone tell me it's all going to be fine lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Flexible sigmoidoscopy
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:20:28 PM »
Anyone? I'm also going away for the weekend next week and freaking out about that so everything is multiplyed and I'm so anxious at the moment :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2014, 05:52:10 PM »
I had a flex sig in April. It qanat bad at all however I had I go back the next day and have the full colonoscopy because I HA a polyp in my sigmoid along with internal hemorrhoids. I was having periodic blood on my stools. The colonoscopy revealed a healthy colon and my polyp was removed and biopsied. It was a benign hyperplastic polyp with no C risk at all. I was 26 BTW. Now 27. I was completely sedated for both scopes. They were extremely easy. The hard part was my anxiety over the findings.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2014, 06:10:13 PM »
Thanks Lindsay. It's my anxiety that's effecting me so much right now. I'm so worried they will find something bad.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: