Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I can't seem to win this battle been a week help  (Read 114 times)

Offline nathanjh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I can't seem to win this battle been a week help
« on: June 12, 2014, 11:51:47 AM »
Okay so I was stressing a few days ago about tell a girl ive been seeing about my past of doing some solo nude vids. I wanted to wait a little while to let her know me before I did but my confession anxiety (constant need to confess) became too much and I told her. I said I did this in the past it isn't me anymore and that I didn't want to go into detail about the videos because I don't like talking about it. She bearly flintxhedw just said my past is my business and she didn't care. Great right wrong my anxiety instantly developed a new guilt it know wants me to reveal the details of the vids dispite her saying I did not have to. Does anyone else have this anxiety what should I do to break this cycle constant guilt is making my life much less enjoyable than it should be. Please help I just wanna live normally
Bookmark and Share

Offline kconnors

• Rec's: 56
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I can't seem to win this battle been a week help
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2014, 07:13:28 AM »
Hi,

Sometimes our need to confess our "guilt" stems from our own inability to forgive ourselves for something we deeply regret . . . there is the expression that "confession is good for the soul" because, I think, it releases us from a repressed emotional charge that can influence all parts of our life . . . now, I cannot tell you what to do, but I can suggest something you may want to consider . . . it seems to me that you have no dealt with your video life and that mires you down and you cannot get past this episode . . . you have to give yourself credit for telling this new girl in your life, but now you have to to something for you to break your cycle . . . for me, I would think that you need some professional guidance to help you to process the episode, resolve your feelings around it, and deal with the details of the video that you feel that you must confess . . . it could be that you want to tell her the details to test out whether she is actually good with it or perhaps you want her to know the details because you yourself need to articulate them in order to deal with them . . . whatever the reason, you need to find out the why behind your behaviour and once you do and understand the episode for yourself, you may find that you can put that part of your life to rest . . . I know this may not help much but I have yet to meet anyone who has not made a decision that might have seemed right at the time but carries guilt about it . . . the difference is that many of these people have accepted that they cannot change the past, they have learned to process and manage the episode, and they have truly moved on having learned a lesson . . . but, do consider getting some outside help because I sense a need for you to get all the details out in a safe place and then to get guidance on how to manage the past so that it does not influence your present or future . . .when you can, let us know how you are doing . . .take care, kc
Bookmark and Share

Offline nathanjh

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I can't seem to win this battle been a week help
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2014, 11:16:24 AM »
Yesterday I gave a little more in depth expination explained pretty much everything but the grows details but stressed that they did disgust me and that made me feel a little better also. I'm starting therapy I'm hoping between these two things my life will get back on track
Bookmark and Share

Tags: confession OCD anxiety help