Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Hey I'm new here just looking for help I guess.  (Read 60 times)

Offline beautifuldisaster123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey I'm new here just looking for help I guess.
« on: June 12, 2014, 02:47:36 AM »
Well I have severe social and well generalized anxiety. I can't even go to school its so bad..embarrassing. Anyway anyone I can chat with I guess ? Oh I'm a girl and 16 years old if that helps.. Anyone who has beaten this or any advice would help a lot. I feel like no one understands..
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hey I'm new here just looking for help I guess.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2014, 04:11:39 AM »
Hi beautifuldisaster,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

I am so sorry you are going through all of this.  I approved another post of yours and you mentioned that you are seeing a therapist.  I think that is the best thing you can do.  Learning to accept the panic and anxiety for what it is and knowing it can't harm you helps to unlock the power it has over you.  Therapy will help you with tools to do this as well as delve into the issues that lead to your anxiety.  You will push through this and I find that the best way is to face your fears.  Running from your fears only gives them more power and makes them seem almost impossible the more time that passes.  You should be proud of yourself for finishing this school year.  That takes a lot of strength and bravery.  Well done.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. The chat room for members 18 years and older only. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: