Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: what could this be? breast cancer worry!  (Read 249 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
what could this be? breast cancer worry!
« on: June 11, 2014, 02:36:51 PM »
I should start by saying that at the beginning of May I had a mammo and ultrasound because of left breast pain.  It was fine.  I just had my annual last week.  That was fine. 
But about 5 days ago or so, I noticed this small red mark on the left breast, about the size of a dime.  It doesn't itch and there's no lump. 
My rational side is saying it can't be cancer because it would've been seen on either the mammo or ultrasound, or felt at my annual when the dr did the breast exam.  But of course my anxiety has me a little freaked out about what it could possibly be. 
Like I said it doesn't itch and there's not a lump under it.  But I'm going on about 6 days with it. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: what could this be? breast cancer worry!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 03:45:25 PM »
Anyone?  I just googled and learned that inflammatory breast cancer isn't usually discovered by mammo or ultrasound so now my anxiety is in high gear :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline crazymommy

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 05:44:12 PM »
There are soooo many skin issues this could be. My understanding of inflammatory breast cancer is that it gets worse very fast so I think your first good sign is that it's staying the same. Also from what I've read IBC is more like a rough red patch of skin, like the peel of an orange, and it's itchy or burning, warm to touch. I hear that it's one of those things where you would KNOW something's not right.
If it makes you feel better to call the doctor it could be worth it. Only because I know that when it gets bad in your head there is no way to get rid of those thoughts!!  But nothing you said sounds like what I've heard and read about IBC.
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 06:06:40 PM »
Thank you.  I'm trying to remain calm.  I made an appointment for a week from tomorrow.  If the redness goes away by then I'll cancel.  I'm just so freaked right now.  I keep reading that its very rapid growing, but I wish I knew how rapid is rapid.  I mean, with me having this spot for 6 days would I already have another symptom or is it not that rapid? And I hope a week isn't too long to wait for an appointment. 
I read that swollen lymph nodes are a symptom and my dr felt my neck and armpits at my checkup last week.  Apparently all was good. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »
Anyone else?  I'm sorry.  But you know how anxiety goes :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2014, 12:57:11 AM »
Probably just a minor infection or skin irritation.  I get red spots on my breasts constantly.  Sometimes they're raised like pimples, other times flat. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline daviezmom

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2014, 09:57:18 AM »
How long do they last for you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2014, 02:56:54 PM »
A few days, maybe a little longer.  Some only last a day or two.  I don't really pay close attention to them anymore.
Bookmark and Share

Offline 2jrts

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2014, 04:36:21 PM »
I am not a doctor but did run to our breast center about 5 years ago when I developed a rash on part of my breast and became panic-stricken. The radiologist told me that IBC generally affects the entire breast and not just one small section. Mine turned out to be a cyst that was very close to the surface and causing discoloration, but since then I've gotten hives on my breasts occasionally and they present as small red, itchy dots.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: