Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Am i losing my mind? or is it MS?  (Read 146 times)

Offline lesleea

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Am i losing my mind? or is it MS?
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:15:35 AM »
My symptoms to date are, visual issues in my right eye, floaters and stinging burning jabbing pain and runny eye (sometimes it will turn red and itch like crazy)
Left leg pain, my left foot falls asleep easy while i walk and i have a very weird ticking patch on my thigh that comes and goes but has stayed the same now for a few days. It does not bother me while i walk, sometimes my left hand will fall asleep while i am holding my phone.
Headaches on my right side, they ache but i can handle the pain without tylenol.

Those are my symptoms. I think it is the start of MS, i am in canada i am 30 and that is the ideal spot and age i am also a girl. It is worrying me sick :( i hate getting out of bed because i cannot live with my symptoms and thinking it is MS related.
A few months ago i had an HIV scare and i convinced myself i have HIV, a test told me i did not but now that i think about it my symptoms of HIV could have been just symptoms of MS, like the tingling foot.
I know i suffer total anxiety, i am off to a docs appointment tmrw to have my blood taken and i will ask him for a MRI to rule out some of my worries :( i am really scared.

Bookmark and Share

Offline zaft

• Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Am i losing my mind? or is it MS?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 01:26:30 PM »
Based on your benign symptoms, if that's MS, then everybody in the world has it. If a doc's assessment rules out anything neurological, don't waste the time and worry on an MRI. You'd be better off working on your anxiety and stress, and learning to accept uncertainty. That's what I'm trying to do.
Bookmark and Share

Offline lesleea

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 08:12:16 PM »
The tingling spot on my leg is throwing me off :( i am just chalked full of anxiety and constant worry
Bookmark and Share

Offline majorNY

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2014, 08:19:28 PM »
I have floaters in both of my eyes. I do get tingling patches  (face, legs and arms) I have buzzing in my left arm and leg. Also my legs do fall asleep quickly - especially while im on toilet hehe.   I had MRI done and came back clean. The more you read about it the more symptoms you will feel. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline legs11

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2014, 07:13:41 AM »
I'd bet that you don't have ms. I to had all of those symptoms and more for 7 years. I finally had an mri this year which was clear. Anxiety is a dreadful ailment to have and will wreak havoc on your life. 15years down the track when you still don't have ms you will be cranky that you wasted precious time worrying about it. Try and take comfort in the 1000s of posts here about ms worries........all from anxiety.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: