Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lice Infestation has put me into anxiety hell  (Read 93 times)

Offline Prezwilson15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lice Infestation has put me into anxiety hell
« on: June 11, 2014, 09:14:04 AM »
It's been a LONG time since I've been on this board.  I had been managing my anxiety really well, even to the point where I went off my meds a few months back.

Well my daughter had a horrible lice infestation (she's never had it, nor I, so I had no idea what to look for) and I even had it.  We got both of us treated professionally and she's been clear since because I check her thoroughly every day.  I assumed I was too as my husband was checking my hair and he said I was. 

But the itching still relented and I did a comb through last night and pulled out 4 nits.  Now my husband thinks they are dead from the treatment we had a month ago, but my mind is now reeling.  In this month's time I had absolutely lost it.  I went back on meds - tried something new - Zoloft.  Plus lorazepam, but hydroxyzine which is supposed to stop the itching.

But again, I'm now back in crazy mode because of finding those nits.  They could very well be left over and dead, but I'm a shaking mess.

I feel like I have PTSD with it and wonder if I'll ever be able to move on?

Please help.

Prez

Bookmark and Share

Offline penguin

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lice Infestation has put me into anxiety hell
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2014, 09:32:42 AM »
Hey Prez,

Having been a preK director for 7 years, I've certainly experienced lice "outbreaks" and had to check 60 little heads and staff.  Your husband likely found dead nits left over its common.  A nice natural home remedy is olive oil.  You can comb olive oil through your daughters hair, let sit for 5 min and wash out with regular shampoo, just to put your mind at ease.  Its also a great conditioner!  I've had many staff tell me they feel itchy knowing there is lice even when they don't have it, its a normal psychological reaction.  Make sure bedding and stuffed animals were washed in very hot water too.  Many families get distressed with lice, its common and goes away.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Prezwilson15

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lice Infestation has put me into anxiety hell
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 03:02:54 PM »
I should have clarified that it was me I found the nits on last night.  I had found some on here after the treatment, but she's been clear.  I haven't been doing lots of comb throughs on me because it's difficult.

We did this Air Alle heat treatment that the person guarantees is "one and done."  I sure hope so!

The problem is that I can't sleep because I itch my scalp, I've itched a part of it raw.  :(

I know they aren't life threatening or anything like that, but I can't seem to let go of it.  My husband is at the end of his patience with me.  :(
Bookmark and Share

Tags: