Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Brain Tumor Fear Resurfacing - Please Help!!!  (Read 207 times)

Offline cameronj

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Brain Tumor Fear Resurfacing - Please Help!!!
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:47:19 PM »
Hi, so I had a complete neurological test done four months ago because I had been having headaches and was convinced that it was a brain tumor. The results were negative and the doctor told me to stop worrying about it since I was completely healthy and didn't have one. I completely forgot about it, but for some reason I have been obsessing over the thought of having a brain tumor again.

Could a brain tumor possibly develop that fast???? My only symptom has been a minor headache today. I talked to a doctor friend and he said it typically takes 5-10 years for cancer to develop, but I need some more reassurance that I don't have one right now!!!!

Thanks for the support. It is much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline hilario

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor Fear Resurfacing - Please Help!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:19:57 PM »
Usually brain tumors yield some much more serious symptoms than headaches - namely intense disorientation, vision problems, nausea, seizures, etc. Now you don't have to take my word for it, but if you're only experiencing headaches AND a neurologist told you you're fine, then I don't think you could possibly be any more in the clear.
Also, it's important to know that headaches are one of THE most common side effects of anxiety. I myself have had a phobia of cancer as well (especially brain cancer) ever since my father died, so I understand the dread you might feel about this, but trust me when I say you're perfectly well. Chin up! :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Brain Tumor Fear Resurfacing - Please Help!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 12:55:27 AM »
I wish my own anxiety were this tame.

Look, headaches indicate absolutely nothing unless of a specific type/frequency.

Neurological complaints are really common in HA sufferers (I know because I complain of this, but my symptoms are a bit more disturbing).

I know two people who have died of brain tumors. They did not present with what you're talking about.

The most common cause of headaches is dehydration. I don't know about you, but when I'm anxious, I lose my desire to drink/eat/everything.

Drink something. Think about something else. 
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Tags: