Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Anxiety & Perfectionism  (Read 116 times)

Offline Katiesue04

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
  • You only live once!
    • Poke This Member
Anxiety & Perfectionism
« on: June 10, 2014, 08:37:49 AM »
Last night I went to the therapist and we talked about my anxiety and work.  It was a bit of an eye opener because she asked me if I thought I was a perfectionist.  I think I am to an extent as I am hard on myself if I screw something up.  She used the example also that if you don't clean your house does it cause you anxiety.  It sure does.  So she told me to leave a pile of clutter out and not touch it all week.  I am not sure if this will bug me yet or not.  It seems like it is going to be a lot of work to try and get over perfectionism.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Anxiety & Perfectionism
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 09:23:54 AM »
I know I am a perfectionist without a doubt and leaving a pile of stuff laying around would drive me battier then I already am!!  I do believe us that have Anxiety can go either way like being ocd or a perfectionist or just not caring or being able to keep things clean and organized.

Glad you are in therapy that is the key to overcoming this and I am not as ocd as I used to be or a perfectionist but I do have issues with stuff being out of place and to be honest I don't want a mess to look at but we can wear ourselves out trying to keep things perfect.

I am the hardest on myself also and I sure can beat myself up everyday for not doing something right or at least in my mind not thinking it is right.

You will be fine and find your happy medium ! Good Luck!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Tags: