Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Worried sick of a brain tumor  (Read 175 times)

Offline Kmurr777

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried sick of a brain tumor
« on: June 09, 2014, 09:35:38 AM »
Last fall around November I had headaches that wouldn't go away for around 2 weeks I went to two docs and both weren't really helpful and said they could do a scan if I wanted but didn't really think it was necessary. The headaches eventually went away and I was not Gavin any other problems. Fast. Forward about 3 months and the same thing returns. Another 2 week episode of headaches. They as we'll went away and I went on with my daily life. Well they're back again now. It's an off and on pain at the back of my head around the top of my neck. It's dull feeling and feels better when I massage it. I also have a spot about middle left on my head that hurts some. I guess basically what I'm wanting to know is can brain tumor symptoms completely vanish for months and return. And would I be having other symptoms by this point?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 167
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried sick of a brain tumor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 01:28:27 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 03:07:35 PM »
I'm also very afraid rightnow because I've had a persistent lighthead since the beginning of this month. It has also been a companied by nausea on and off. I'm extremely depressed and fear the worst. I truly hope you find peace my brotha.. good day.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustVon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 05:53:34 PM »
Been there before! I was terrified I had a brain tumor because I was dizzy with headaches and nauseous all the time. I felt like I was completely spaced....finally got someone to check me out. It was an inner ear infection. Nothing can be better than peace of mind, you know your body and when it not right. Personally I would get a scan done just so I could sleep at night. Stress and anxiety can cause a slew of problems if we continuously experience it. I've thought everything in the world was wrong with me, turns out stress can cause all the things I've felt. It's horrible but knowing its just constant anxiety and not cancer helps a little :/
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 07:50:03 PM »
@Justvon it's good to hear I'm not the only one.. This lightheadedness doesn't go away and the nausea gets bad at times. It really scares the sh*t out of me because it started when I was seemingly not stressed and relaxed. I have a Dr app tomorrow but it's just leading to even more fear and depression. The "what ifs" are starting to set in if you know what I mean. Anyway I'm glad you moved on to greener pastures. . Hope you continue on your path to coping with your anxiety. Talk soon.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustVon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2014, 09:40:21 PM »
Sometimes you have to be pushy with doctors because they see all types of hypochondriacs....I'm super weird about cleaning my ears out now lol. It's good to talk and connect with others who have had the same worries. I felt like I was going nuts. The dizziness and nausea definitely interfere with how you function daily in life.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JCtitan

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2014, 01:11:08 AM »
@JustVon If I have any comfort at all heading in to my Dr app.. it's cause of you. Much appreciated.
Bookmark and Share

Offline JustVon

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2014, 02:53:15 PM »
I don't want anybody to feel like they are alone with these issues. I felt like I was alone forever and it was terrible. Hope everything turned out good.
Bookmark and Share

Offline painfully_confused

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 11:09:55 PM »
I feel for you. Ive been down that road a few times. I dont think any advice anyone on here can give you will ease your mind, thats the horror of anxiety. If the scan is available to you,get it done, it will get rid of all doubt. Whatever you do,dont make the mistake and google it. Brain tumors are all different.Depending on where they are situated, and they have a whole host of symptoms. Some of which you will be convinced you have.
What you describe,sounds to me like tension headaches. I too suffer from them. How is your posture? You may think its good, but try straightening up and tuck in your chin,see if you get and relief.
I also suffer from occipital neuralgia,which feels like a pressure or stabbing pain in you neck and the base of your skull that travels up the side, behind the ear. Its usually characterized by a constant dull pain with short stabbing sensations and usually affects one side of the head. Sometimes it can wrap all the way around behind your eyes and into the top of your head. Ive also experienced it on both sides on a few occasions.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: