Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Weird Knee Issue?  (Read 113 times)

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Weird Knee Issue?
« on: June 09, 2014, 04:18:07 AM »
Ok now this one's freaking me... A couple of weeks ago I was asleep, and suddenly woken up by a horrible, strange sensation in my right knee. It's difficult to describe. It wasn't PAIN as such... It wasn't even numbness... It was just some terrible and distinct feeling of wrong... Stiffness maybe? Pressure? Mild numbness? Increasing in the knee and starting to radiate around it. I was terrified, I thought I had a blood clot or something like that, I tried moving about and rubbing it and plenty of things, and then over the next half hour or so the feeling gradually faded away.

Now, that scared me, but I thought it was a one off. ... Until just now. Once again, led on my back, asleep and fine, when suddenly woken up by this horrible knee sensation. Except this time it's my LEFT knee. I can feel it now, and I still don't know how to describe the sensation despite how very distinct it is. It's really scaring me though. I have no idea what could be causing this problem. If anyone could tell me anything at all I'd really appreciate it. Thanks.
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
Re: Weird Knee Issue?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2014, 04:23:00 AM »
Anxiety can cause cramps and pain, man.

I would definitely not google this.

Seriously.

Don't.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 06:04:38 AM »
That same sort of knee thing has happened to me a couple of times a week for the past several decades.  For me it has gown to become quite painful - best I can describe it is that it sort of feels like my knee-cap slides out of place while I'm sleeping.  The pain wakes me up - I force myself to extend my leg and it feels like it pops back in and I go back to sleep.

Gotten so used to it that I never worry about it and its been going on so long as is "normal" for me that I can't say that its ever dawned on me to mention to the doctor - lol.  I'll try and remember for my next physical.

Its definitely NOT a muscle cramp - something with the knee-cap.
Bookmark and Share

Offline spongecake

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2014, 11:40:35 PM »
Eheheheh... Already had googled it before posting here xD; Well o course. Though really, I couldn't find anything relating to what I was feeling. Which was weird, unless there's some simple way of describing it that I'm unaware of.

I was pretty freaked out at the time and went to get it checked out. I was lucky... Managed to get an appointment pretty quickly. Was unlucky though in that the nurse was clueless too, never heard of the like. She's having a couple blood tests done, checking to see if I have a Vitamin D defieciency or anything like that...

Really though? With my sane, none panicking mind right now? I do know it's probably stress. What I'm fearing more NOW though is going to sleep and waking up from it happening again... Because then I know that the panic will take hold again. And the panic is what sets everything off.

Thanks for the replies. I'll mention if there's any update on it. Hopefully it'l be a nice boring 'there was nothing wrong all along' answer.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: