Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Is this onset of psychosis?  (Read 114 times)

Offline Lana555

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Is this onset of psychosis?
« on: June 08, 2014, 03:30:38 PM »
Hello people,sory for bad English. Last year I had depression,anxiety,irrational fears,(even derelalization,but it lasted only few days).
Anyway, 4 or 6 months ago, I had one visual hallucination.It was during the day,so I'am really worried that I have more serious mental illnes. I was in my room,dancing with music  at one point I looked on wall and saw clown! It was just image,in colour but very transparent,and not so vivid. I was worried,but not too much because it lasted very,very short,just 1 second. I knew it was not real,but I saw it anyway.

I just remember at that time I was more anxious then usual,but it still haunt me.Was that psychosis or not? I tried to search about that on google but I found nothing.
I'm 28 year old.

Please tell me honestly,should I go to see psychiatrist about that 1 hallucination that happened few months ago. After that,everything was fine,I'm now fine, expet anxiety when I travel like (what if I have heart attack or go crazy etc) but I can't stop thinking from time to time how that image is onset of psychosis. I never had something like that before in my life,nor after that.But I'am scared it will happen again.
Bookmark and Share

Offline tinam7

• Rec's: 76
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this onset of psychosis?
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2014, 03:54:39 PM »
No expert in psychosis here, but your worry and likely underlying anxiety or maybe depression is best addressed with a therapist, if that's possible for you. You want to be reassured that you are well, are free of fears, free of mental and physical health worries, and can carry on in your life without unusual, undue, distressing concerns.

Hope this helps some, wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lana555

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Is this onset of psychosis?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2014, 10:41:59 AM »
Thank you Tinam for the answer. It make a sense. Wish you all the best too! :-)
Bookmark and Share

Tags: