Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Comment/Message me if you can relate or give advice about any of this please!  (Read 87 times)

Offline LyssaLou

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member

Hi, I have bad anxiety and it effects my social life. I have one aquantainance at school but we aren't close and she doesn't even know about my anxiety, my boyfriend of over two years is my rock, he's my only true friend, best friend, and full time supporter (besides my parents). But the fact that he's my only friend has made me a little dependent on being with him. He left early this morning with friends to go to the beach. I won't see him for another week. Day one of him being gone and I had to call off work because my anxiety attacks were so bad I could hardly motivate myself to get up and shower. And obviously there isn't a super simple fix, if it was easy to just get someone to agree to be your new friend I wouldn't have this problem. I don't even necessarily need a new best friend I just need a friend, but teenagers are cruel and all already have their own friends. So I guess since making friends obviously wouldn't be a painless, easy, or quick fix, what I'm asking is how do I get myself to maybe be less distraught while he's away? The constant worry of all the bad things that could happen to him down there and knowing that he's so far away and will be for an entire week kills me. I don't wanna feel like this all week but I don't know what to do.

I just finished my junior year of high school. I do rather well academically and have over a 4.0 GPA. But my anxiety and the already cruel high school environment makes me miserable. I'm going to graduate a semester early, so that means I will be a full time college student second semester this coming school year. I'm worried about college given that I have anxiety problems. I want to major in Accounting in college. I know I have a little while left to go, but anybody have any stories or advice about dealing with anxiety in college? I know everyone is different, but how'd it go for you and any advice?

Bookmark and Share

Tags: