Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Oral cancer fear  (Read 209 times)

Offline Masond_06

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Oral cancer fear
« on: June 07, 2014, 06:03:26 PM »
So I've had a bump on the the back of my throat for about six months now, give or take a couple months. It has not changed in size at all. The bump is a little bit darker thank the skin around it. Dark enough for me to have noticed it. It doesn't bother me really. I have a Gastro appointment about a month ago and had an endoscopy and asked him about it and he said he sees nothing abnormal. I went to a dentist maybe two months ago and had an oral cancer screening that showed abnormal cells and he sent me to an oral surgeon to get a biopsy and when I got there the surgeon looked around and didn't see anything out of the ordinary and that the thing I was talking about was just swollen lymph tissue and that was normal to have. I didn't think it'd be normal to have for that long though I don't know. So I didn't get a biopsy done and went on my way. Well the bump is still there so I went to my GP Wednesday and he looked at it and gave me some antibiotics to take(augmentin for ten days and told me if it doesn't clear up to give him a call and he'll send me to an ENT. I now have a sore throat. Not bad but it's bothersome and I also have about four small bumps straight to the back of my throat now. I must say I also have post-nasal drip I'm 25. I used to dip but quit years ago and did it for maybe five years. I also used to drink but hardly do that anymore. I know one thing that shoulnd't be of worry but is to me is that because my anxiety I've had lots of CT scans which has exposed me to lots of unneeded radiation. Wondering if anyone has some insight.
Bookmark and Share

Offline drfumblez414

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Oral cancer fear
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 08:51:42 PM »
I chew tobacco so I constantly have big "c" scares. I have had my gums turn white before from dipping and thought it was al over.  Eventually though it went away. I have heard that gargling salt water helps
Bookmark and Share

Offline limitless10

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:13:19 AM »
I've had a bump on the back of my throat about 4 months now its by my tonsil a little darker than my skin, sometimes the same color. I've seen my doctor about it a few times and he said " if that was in my mouth I wouldn't worry at all" I also get tonsil stones. Idk what it is but it really could be nothing. He said he had done a thero exam and there was nothing to worry about I'm 23. He offered to send me to an ent but said it would be a waste so I'm trying to trust him. I still look at it every day though its my big worry now:/
Bookmark and Share

Offline Masond_06

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 07:06:42 AM »
Thanks for the responses. I posted a photo. I wouldn't be as worried had the problems not have persisted so long.
Bookmark and Share

Offline limitless10

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2014, 11:27:53 AM »
I don't see a picture. Here's mine
Bookmark and Share

Tags: