Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: I googled (TMI)  (Read 155 times)

Offline rubee

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I googled (TMI)
« on: June 07, 2014, 04:27:25 PM »
So I googled ANOTHER problem I've been having recently.. getting a lot of undigested food when I 'go'.. and it said if you get recurring diarrhoea too you have to see your doctor.. I get diarrhoea a LOT.. I'm really scared now. I've had blood tests to check for inflammation etc in my bowels and anaemia.. came back normal. Also recently had a stomach scan which was normal (although this focused mainly on my bladder/ovaries etc not really my bowel) and I'm waiting now for an appointment to have a camera check up there.. I kind of need reassurance right now, though.
A few weeks ago I had a bad week or so where I had a lot of diarrhoea and anxiety.. went to the doctor, he had a quick check and referred me to get this camera thing & my blood tests. When I received my blood tests and they were normal, I calmed down a lot. Felt a lot better. Actually had a good week or two. I still had food bits when I went but I had less diarrhoea, in fact my stools were almost 'normal'.. until a few days ago when I had one which was pretty normal in shape but looked dark and I was worried it was blood although I don't really think it was.. I have had blood before, since I was 13, and I've kind of accepted that whatever is causing that is benign (I'm 20 now) Some of my other symptoms: lots of mucus when I go (yellow) and constantly feeling ill.. I don't know if that's my anxiety though. When I had my good two weeks I felt healthy and good and I had my appetite back and everything. I'd say I've lost weight since last year though not a lot and nothing really in the past few months.
If I had cancer, chances are, I wouldn't have had a good few weeks, right? I would just feel it constantly. I do stuff like go to the park on the swings and stuff every few days, I wouldn't be able to do that if I was ill right? Also, with the stomach scan and blood tests, something MIGHT have shown up in them that would indicate cancer right? The doctors had me fill out a form so they could decide how quickly I needed an appointment (I had to add my symptoms etc) this was about.. 3 weeks ago? Maybe a month. And they wrote to me a few days ago and are calling me on Tuesday. If they thought my symptoms were bad they might have seen me quicker, right?
I'm on sertraline and abilify for anxiety & depression. I only just started the abilify 2 weeks ago and before that I was on risperidone which I halved the week before starting abilify then stopped when I started it.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 6
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I googled (TMI)
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 04:50:54 PM »
may I ask how old you are?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 05:22:21 PM »
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 05:24:27 PM »
This is classic anxiety. Y'know 'hypochondria' is named after idiopathic bowel pains/'problems', right?
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 06:06:54 PM »
I didn't know that  thenomnomnomicon. The anxiety bowel problems can last weeks/months?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iskallos

• Chicken Chaser
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 08:08:12 PM »
They can last as long as you have the anxiety. Are you eating right, eating plenty of fibre and drinking lots of water?
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2014, 08:47:26 PM »
I have shook my diet up recently to try and eat more healthily. I probably don't have enough water to be honest. In fact, I rarely drink water, mostly manufactured drinks, sometimes fizzy but mostly these drinks called Capri Suns. Like, I just drink them throughout the day when I'm thirsty (sometimes I don't drink enough though)
So I guess this could be effecting me. I have a fear of contamination from tap water, though.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Iskallos

• Chicken Chaser
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2014, 11:48:02 PM »
Try and get over that fear and drink around 2 litres a day, bottled water costs too much and isn't better for you.
Bookmark and Share

Offline rubee

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2014, 01:37:42 AM »
I will try and drink more water, thanks for all your replies. I'm still feeling quite nervous unfortunately, I guess I'm just going to have to wait this out until I get my next appointment. Then hopefully my anxiety will go away and hopefully the results will be good
Bookmark and Share

Tags: