Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: I am SO OVER the whole A*S thing -- making myself insane over this!  (Read 1261 times)

Offline NytViolet

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: I am SO OVER the whole A*S thing -- making myself insane over this!
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2014, 07:00:27 PM »
Dude!  Ya gotta brush your tongue LOL.  If I didnt' brush mine daily, it would ALWAYS have an icky coating.  BTW, YES YOUR BODY CAN BE A LIAR!  As I told you, I've had fasciculations for 17 years... can you imagine what my first year was like, because NO ONE knew about BFS at all.  I don't remember about the Epstein-Barr Virus, only that (after seeing multiple doctors for severe fatigue) a doctor who actually took me seriously said, "Aha... you have an acute EBV infection!"  I had Chronic Fatigue for 3 years which went into remission.  During my remission I began exercising like crazy to eliminate the 40 pounds I had gained... it was during this time that the physical sensations / paresthesias began.  Burning feet, fasciculations that were visible (having some right now), feelings of weakness, etc.   I'm not a doctor / nurse / or even a candystriper, but I honestly believe that we all have viruses that lie dormant in our spines, and when we're physically or psychologically stressed, it causes inflammation of the nerve endings and this leads to feelings of weakness, paresthesias, twitching, etc.  I just happen to overanalyze it because I'm so terrified of it.  Yes, they are finally starting to make some progress in reversing this illness, but if I was diagnosed I'd probably have a fatal heart attack right there in the office, so it wouldn't matter (sick humor, I know).  I pray that all of my twitchy-friends will relax and have a peace-filled evening.  I'm here if anyone needs to chat.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2014, 07:02:34 PM »
Two more things:  THeNomNomNOmicon, heavy white/yellow coating on the tongue usually indicates dehydration (and you MUST brush that tongue).  Also, please let us know how your next doc visit goes... you're in my prayers.
Bookmark and Share
God does not give us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 12
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2014, 07:13:13 PM »
Don't worry too much about me, Nyt. One clean EMG so far a month ago (on the wrong side; I requested the other, he said it didn't matter, I don't believe him). 2 GPs don't think it's ___ and believe it's anxiety/conversion. A neuro that I didn't speak to, but a friend did who knows my situation and has explained it, didn't believe it was ___. My neuro didn't think it was ___. I'm clearly insane. The nerve pain and twitching though is horribly off-putting.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2014, 07:19:18 PM »
I'm not gonna' lie here. If he does not believe CT is a valid reason for a second EMG. I'm prepared to pay out-of-pocket. That is how bad the anxiety over this is. $500 worth of anxiety. I wish so badly that first neuro had just done the side I requested and not been an a**hat.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2014, 08:44:23 PM »
What is CT?  Also I've heard EMG is painful and I'm terrified of  having one. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2014, 09:03:16 PM »
Carpal Tunnel.

EMGs are not painful in my experience.
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2014, 10:59:50 PM »
Well I'm not subjecting myself to one because 1) they don't seem to put aanyone's mind at ease and 2) an early dx wouldn't alter theooutcome.  If I were to see true clinical weakness, I suppose I'd end up getting one, but the weeks leading up to the test (and subsequently awaiting results) would be terror for me.  If fascics were new to me I'd probably want an EMG, but they're not.  II'm sorry that so many of you are dealing with this fear right now, but it's strangely comforting to have other people with the same symptoms who speak the llanguage.  I cannot talk with ANYONE about this but you guys...thanks for that.n :sign0092:
Bookmark and Share

Offline 3r1cR0c9

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Calm
    Calm
  • i'm not crazy just a little unwell...
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2014, 12:21:38 AM »
hello! I actually got a nerve and muscle test(EMG-NCV) because of this fear. I probably had 15 needles go thru me for this test :( SUPER PAINFUL for me. after this my neuro told me to never GOOGLE my symptoms. Except for a VERY MILD CARPAL TUNNEL nothing else was seen in my test but i still get nervous at times about it esp because I am almost always tired/weak.

i am no doctor but reading your post i say you are fine. i'm not sure if everything is anxiety related because i still don't even believe that mine is mere anxiety only but i am pretty sure whatever you may have aside from anxiety is not what you fear it to be.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Offline NytViolet

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2014, 11:20:37 AM »
I appreciate that - and unless I were to have true clinical weakness or wasting I won't subject myself to it. Although I'm prone to HA, I also know that most people with ALS present with obvious symptoms. I hope u have a peaceful day!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2014, 02:56:50 PM »
I want to cancel mine too but these broad symptoms of twitching and shoulder/upper back muscle tension along with thumb soreness and excessive fatigue from exercise just scare me.  If some of my symptoms abated, I would consider canceling EMG - since neuro originally told me he didn't see a reason for one -  but no sign of abatement, going to try to more agressively treat the anxiety and hope that helps these symptoms.  Wish me luck! 
Bookmark and Share