Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Finally at 50 mg of zoloft  (Read 1153 times)

Offline Drielly84

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Finally at 50 mg of zoloft
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2014, 03:32:23 PM »
Day 3 on 50 mg and feel okay
Sleep still doesn't come easy and has to take an ambien last night
OB would rather me take ambien than the trazedone but I will ask my psych about this next week
Trazedone worked so well for me in the past and I would hope it still would work for me
Even though school is out for the summer I had a productive day and was not worried or phased at all that I was alone all day or had to run errands by myself
This is good since I haven't been able to not panic when alone nor be able to run errands by myself in a long time
Hope this is a good sign of more good days ahead
Bookmark and Share

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
Saw my new psych today and I love her!!! So knowledgeable about meds and really felt great and hopeful after I left!  Has even said I could go back on the trazodone up to 50 mg for sleep at night and that all is well and will be well with my pregnancy! I would rather take the trazodone than ambien so I'm hoping the trazodone stil works for me!

Will the trazodone work the first night or should I expect a few days before it really helps my sleep? I don't remember how quickly it worked for me the first time 12 years ago
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 115
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2014, 12:04:45 AM »
Saw my new psych today and I love her!!!

That's good news  :happy0151: Having someone you connect with can make a big difference to how your treatment progresses. 

Will the trazodone work the first night or should I expect a few days before it really helps my sleep? I don't remember how quickly it worked for me the first time 12 years ago

It can go either way depending on your individual biology. Trazodone acts on histamine receptors, not the benzodiazepine ones targeted by Ambien, so if trazodone doesn't work for a night or two you can still take your usual Ambien dose if necessary to help you sleep.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2014, 09:53:48 PM »
A little over a week on 50 mg and I'm doing okay.... I have occasional anxiety still but it's very manageable and doesn't last long
Still not feeling 100% but I think I'm getting there
Still haven't taken the trazedone that my psych said was okay to take.... I'm nervous about overloading the baby on meds :/ am I being silly? Also my husband doesn't want me to take it, but it worked so well for me before for sleep and I don't want to take ambien on and off
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2014, 01:59:38 AM »
Still not feeling 100% but I think I'm getting there

Great news, especially given you've only been on a therapeutic dose for a week.  :happy0151:

Still haven't taken the trazedone that my psych said was okay to take.... I'm nervous about overloading the baby on meds :/ am I being silly?

The FDA has assigned trazodone as a category C med in pregnancy. Many other antidepressants are also cat. C. At doses 15 to 50 times higher than the human dose for depression, i.e. 225-300mg/day, some birth defects were seen in mice. Given you're on only a small dose for insomnia and well advanced in the pregnancy I think the risk is very small. There are women delivering healthy babies after taking high anti depression doses.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Drielly84

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2014, 12:20:38 PM »
Thank you! Yeah I was told to take 25- 50 mg
I feel the trazodone is safer than ambien because ambien can be addictive when taken all the time
One of my OB's doesn't feel comfortable with trazodone but will keep giving ambien :/ I'm meeting with my main OB tomorrow so I'll talk to her about it.
I took the trazodone last night and slept a bit better but was still up early but was able to nap so I guess it's working :) and baby has been kicking and moving away today so I know he is good!
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2014, 05:46:26 PM »
One of my OB's doesn't feel comfortable with trazodone but will keep giving ambien

It is also a category C med, so there doesn't seem to be any basis for her/his greater confidence. Doctors are as much creatures of habit as the rest of us and tend to use the same meds for particular issues and resist others even when they might be more appropriate.

Ian
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2014, 06:42:20 AM »
I am on day two of zoloft at 25mg, If I am honest I am feeling worried.

I have been on zol before with little side affects (for three months) but this time I am panicky, afraid to leave the house, I feel sick and have little apatite. I am scared that I am having a bad reaction this time around.

Any ideas? Is it normal?

Will
Bookmark and Share

Online joe2014

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2014, 07:19:35 AM »
Hi Will - I just started Zoloft today. First time taking it. I truly believe what you are going through is the reason you're taking Zoloft in the first place - Anxiety. Hang in there buddy. It will get much better but takes a little time.
Joe
Bookmark and Share

Offline will402

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2014, 07:27:17 AM »
Cheers Joe,

First time I took zol it was really good!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: