Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Severe anxiety- pubic hair loss  (Read 234 times)

Offline Skylark12

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Severe anxiety- pubic hair loss
« on: June 07, 2014, 08:06:34 AM »
I feel really lame typing this all out, but I'm going through some serious anxiety right now, and I don't know where else to turn, so please bear with me.
I've been experiencing pretty bad pubic hair loss over the past few weeks. I don't know if I've just gotten more aware of it all of a sudden or if it really is something that's only just started happening. I've been losing upwards of 5 pubic hairs a day, and I can easily triple that number if I run my hands through my pubic hair, as more will literally fall out with no force.
I went to the doctor yesterday, and she said it's probably down to stress, and only come back if I get bald patches. I seriously hoping it's only down to stress, and that I'm the one making it worse, but I can't calm down. I've seriously gotten myself really really worked up about this, as its frightening to see pubic hair falling out at a high rate.
Me being really worked up about this means I keep 'checking', so I keep gently running my hands through my pubic hair to 'check' if more is going to fall out. And often, one or two do each time. And if I keep doing this, it will total to more than ten throughout the day. I'm not pulling them, or using any force. I'm literally just running my hands through them, but... I guess I really can be making this worse.
I'm sorry for being super gross and creepy, but I'm really really worried and anxious. The doctor's surgery only opens on Monday, and if I make another appointment I'll have to wait another month or something for the appointment.
I can't stop panicking, and I feel so lame, but I need some advice and help. Honestly, I think I'm actually going crazy with worry, and I know this probably isn't serious, but my anxious brain isn't listening to logic and I feel like 'I can't cope with this'.
Once again, sorry for posting about something so weird and disgusting! I'm aware of how crazy this all sounds, and I would not say any of this in real life or in person. Ever. So thank the lord for the internet. What if I wake up tomorrow and they're all gone?! I hate to admit, but that's actually a genuine concern of mine. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 169
    • Poke This Member
Re: Severe anxiety- pubic hair loss
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 09:32:29 AM »
We lose both hair and skin on a daily basis. I mean everybody does. Even people who don't suffer from anxiety. It is just a normal thing. I would imagine you have just become aware of it. Nothing to be frightened of at all. It happens to us all. 5 hairs a day is nothing. I would imagine we may lose more. But they always grow back. You are as normal as the rest of us.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Ihadcancer

• Rec's: 12
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 10:32:01 AM »
I'm going to assume you're quite young but just in case........

As we age, we begin to lose the majority of our pubic hair. You'll be shocked at all the changes that take place 'down there' after menopause.

I had liver surgery 2 years ago and my husband had to help with bathing, etc.  One day he asked me why they shaved me since the surgery wasn't close to that area and then he noticed my dark pubic hair is now copper orange.  Nope, they didn't shave me.  I just went thru reverse puberty!

Things can pull on your hair. Tight clothes can cause hair to get pulled out and hairs all have a 'life cycle'. If your pubic hair didn't fall out at some point, you'd be trippin' on it when you walked!    :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 65
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2014, 10:32:53 AM »
I once had a girlfriend many years ago and I remember she had pubic hair loss.
An organic cause was never found.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2014, 10:50:09 AM »
Female here so not sure if you are female or male but with females it can be hormonal changes or aging and yes stress and if you take certain types of meds there are many factors and usually nothing serious.

I noticed mine was thinning and I worried a lot also but thought Okay so what its happening and I am okay so I don't stress about that issue anymore because we do lose hair everyday and that is normal . I do worry about a lot more things but is it fun no and it is very odd to see it going away but mine did slow down so yours probably will to and then stop.

Take care and your post is a very valid concern!
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline ashmaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 11:55:08 AM »
I wouldn't think this is such a bad thing. There are many people who wish they haddn't any. However the constant checking/rubbing is in itself going to irritate the skin and cause more hair loss.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: