Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Letting time pass...hard but necessary.  (Read 111 times)

Offline dbirm77

• Rec's: 2
  • Mood: Exhausted
    Exhausted
    • Poke This Member
Letting time pass...hard but necessary.
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:49:42 PM »
We've all heard this piece of advice, I'm sure.
Regardless what path you are taking, therapy, medication, self-help, or a combination...they all involve TIME.
Time is a scary thing to those with anxiety, after all time is the last thing we want to give. We want the answer...and we want it now!
Any of the courses of action that I mentioned earlier are better than doing nothing but everything takes time...in most cases, lots of time.
Find a path and stick to it, believe in it blindly if need be but believe the 'old' you is out there just waiting to be rediscovered because he is.
Learn to appreciate the small victories, however small they are. Maybe it's a moment, a single moment where you feel like the old you...that should let you know that it's possible.

Anyone can recover if you work hard at it and give it time...I believe that 100%.
Bookmark and Share
Expect.....anxiety to come.
Accept.....anxiety and all it's sensations.
Ask.........anxiety for more!

Rinse and repeat!

Offline Expertgamer

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Letting time pass...hard but necessary.
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 07:21:58 PM »
Yes, unfortunately there is no 5-minute remedy for this kind of thing... I bet the person who would invent such a remedy would make millions from day one, haha.

But it's not only time we need to conquer our fears. We also need the willpower to face those fears head on. If you're not truly willing to face your fears, then you will never break out of that cycle of anxious thoughts and behaviour. That's what I believe at least.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: