Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Lymphoma  (Read 229 times)

Offline Aimee1875

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lymphoma
« on: June 06, 2014, 06:00:46 PM »
After 5 months of having a swollen lymph node in my neck,would it have had a dramatic change in size and would I be having symptoms by now? It still worries me and I've not felt it in ages and I've started to get a habit of doing it again :( so basically would it be lymphoma after 5 months of no change?????
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lymphoma
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:30:39 PM »
After 5 months of having a swollen lymph node in my neck,would it have had a dramatic change in size and would I be having symptoms by now? It still worries me and I've not felt it in ages and I've started to get a habit of doing it again :( so basically would it be lymphoma after 5 months of no change?????

Highly unlikely. Lymph nodes can take a long time to go down altho 5months is way longer than usual, but if it jasnt changed in 5months then its most likely just a lymph node.

Ask a doc to feel if youre really worried. Youll be fine though :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 06:43:58 PM »
Well I went to a doctor a few months back and said there was nothing abnormal and just to stop playing with it which I didn't do and carried on annoying it. I must have touched it over 100 times a day so no wonder it never went back down but I was just wondering if it was still possible for it to be lymphoma as I know that it can be aggressive and spread quickly. I am 14 so it's unlikely but it still worries me now and then x
Bookmark and Share

Offline StrongintheFaith

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2014, 09:23:30 PM »
I also have a small swollen node in my neck. It's been there since last Sept. My ENT checks in every 2 months but says it's nothing to worry about. His rule of thumb is no change=no worries.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Anna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 11:51:45 PM »
Lymphomas can swell very quickly or slowly buy will often swell to a large size, like a golf ball/chicken egg size. Touching the node wi not help it go down as your aggravating it lol some nodes can stay swallen for months and some never go back to their normal size. Get. Second opinion if your still worried.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Aimee1875

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 05:18:22 AM »
It didnt worry me too much but then I started to dwell on it again and It's stuck in my mind now!! Thank you for your replies,they have definitely helped calm me x
Bookmark and Share

Tags: