Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Passage of time makes me anxious?  (Read 85 times)

Offline ECee

• Rec's: 0
  • Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
Passage of time makes me anxious?
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:35:21 AM »
I've never confided this with anyone because I never really had a good way of explaining it, and it seemed silly. I never mentioned this to any of the two psychiatrists I'd seen the past three years.

Growing up school has always been one of the biggest sources of anxiety, and to this day it still is. I've struggled very badly with my first year in college and I'm seriously considering taking a semester off because of how my mental state has been recently, and especially at the end of the semester a few weeks ago.

Anyway, I've never been able to truly enjoy a vacation past maybe two weeks of it. I become VERY anxious about it's end, and I begin to dread it even if it's far away. I've been this way since I was a child and it's only gotten worse since my GAD spiked up 3 years ago. As days pass my anxiety grows and grows even though right now, the beginning of classes is still very far away, I'm losing sleep and losing my appetite over it already. I tend to hide calendars and avoid looking at dates because it triggers my anxiety.

Has anyone had this problem? Do you have any suggestions for coping?
Bookmark and Share

Online Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Passage of time makes me anxious?
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 05:21:44 AM »
So are we talking about anticipatory anxiety? You know what is waiting for you ahead of time and you worry about it well before it even happens. This is very common with anxiety sufferers. Some live next month out, today. They are that far ahead of themselves in their own minds. Building up the anxiety each day. The thing is to try and stay in the here and now. Don't live next week today. Live today, today. Whatever happens next month or next year we will deal with it as it happens. Why live it out twice? Which is all you are doing. Once in your mind well before it happens. Then again as it is happening. you have to try and distract your mind if you feel you are thinking ahead of time. Learn how to clear your mind out and relax. Lots of good videos on you tube. Watch them and learn from them.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Tags: