Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Secondary cancer symptoms  (Read 106 times)

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Secondary cancer symptoms
« on: June 05, 2014, 08:23:12 PM »
Hi all, I'm really going through a hard time with my mother right now and I guess I am just hoping for a little bit of insight or reassurance.

Within the past month or so my mom has been complaining about a lot of symptoms that I am afraid are indicative of cancer. She suffers from a bit of HA as well and never goes to the doctor. My father passed away 10 years ago suddenly from cancer and I think that has played a big role in both her and my HA. She recently told me that she's been suffering from chronic cough, back pain, arm pain, and sporadic dizziness/blurry vision. She also mentioned that she's had a slight lump in her breast for months, under a weird looking mole that she says she's had for a while. I am simply beside myself. I know she always keeps these things to herself because she doesn't want me to worry but if I don't, I know she won't take matters into her own hands. I am terrified that she has some sort of primary breast/melanoma cancer that has already spread. I'm scared that it is too late..

I know it's hypocritical to be mad at her because I too suffer from intense anxiety about every day things but I just don't know what I am going to do if it's the worst case scenario.. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline ashmaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Secondary cancer symptoms
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 08:37:12 PM »
As a heath anxiety sufferer myself I don't like to complain about my ailments too much because it seems to frustrate those arround me. The fact that she has health anxiety as well you would think she would get these symptoms looked at. A simple blood test and a biopsy would put her mind at ease. Remember also if she DOES have cancer, and I'm going to guess that she doesn't but instead her symptoms are manifestations of anxiety since they ALL (albeit the bump which 90% of them are benign anyway) are known anxiety symptoms. I think the fact that she is telling you about this but hasn't done anything about it shows that in her mind she doesn't think its cancer but wanted to tell you "just in case"
Bookmark and Share

Offline dontfeellikemyself

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Secondary cancer symptoms
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 09:26:41 PM »
Thanks for the input ash...I hope she really is alright. She is the type who would rather not know what is wrong that take charge of it, which we all know is the wrong way of looking at things. I hope this all turns out to be nothing but can't help but feel sick over this. She is seeing her doctor next week and I don't know how I'm going to eat/sleep until then.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: