Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: My first post  (Read 70 times)

Offline mjday

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My first post
« on: June 05, 2014, 05:21:10 PM »
Hi All
I am new here, i felt i wanted to talk about my anxiety. I m feel fed up talking to friends about how hard I struggle with it. Sometimes its nice to get it out but I feel it can make others negative about me. I sometimes get down around my girlfriend who is a very confend women.

So I am a 31 year old I have had anxiety and its stop me from doing alot of stuff in my life but its got me to places where I never think I would be.
I am very dyslexic and I am a artist doing a degree in craft, learning new skills. I thought by doing a degree in this subject would cure me of anxiety, but its acty mad it worse as in there is less of it but when i have a anxiety attack it quite full on. I feel my tutors hide from me knowing i have this, i made friends who understand and listen if i need to talk.

So with this my girlfriend who has now put up with me for 6 long month (Can I hear a big Awwww please hehe) is a kick boxer and has a very high power job, she is contend, and smart and dating this guy who suffers with anxiety and low contents loves to me bits. Sometimes I find it hard to accept, its drafted. I do this thing where i try to product what some is thinking and I always think they are thinking negative of me.

Well I watch her take part in the marital art competition and watch others fight as-well, I had done passed boxing and MMA but wasn't encouraged to keep at it by friends and my ex at that time. After walking this I went to the locale taekwondo  club and it was so friendly, I have now done two months (reminds me i need to pay next time i go) I am going to be fighting in a torment on saturday. Why I am sharing this is doing taekwondo hasnt cured my anxiety but the hour i spend training and sparing takes away all knowledge of all my problems. I would recommend anyone to give somthink like this a go doesn't matter how fit you are.

This has help jsut writing this even if people dont read it.:)

All the best all
Bookmark and Share

Offline crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My first post
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:50:28 AM »
hi mjday,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline Jane Sander

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: My first post
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2014, 04:43:32 PM »
Hey MJ

I too am new here. Well, in the posting sense. I've been reading the stuff here for quite a while but haven't actually signed up until now. I can give you the heads up that it is a great resource that I'm sure will help you weave your way through the struggle with anxiety.

Thanks,
Jon
Bookmark and Share
I sometimes write for www.calmandserenity.com which is a resource site by a few members of Health Anxiety Forum to help sufferers of panic and anxiety.

http://www.calmandserenity.com

Proud Headspacer :P

Tags: