Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A little about me  (Read 51 times)

Offline Bedwards

• Just Joined!
  • Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
A little about me
« on: June 05, 2014, 04:59:38 PM »
 :action-smiley-065: Hi. I want to start by saying that WoW, I guess I am not the only one that thought that they were the only one with the fear of eating, drinking, medication, smells, things touching them ect...
I to live in great fear of something terrible going wrong and having an allergic reaction. Agoraphobia social anxiety and others  ::) . I do believe that we have more in common than just our symptoms though and that's encouraging in its self. That would be the fight to re find ourselves after all the agonizing turmoil that we have put ourselves through... like the morning secret ritual of .. open eyes... check to see if any body part is tingling ... am I itchy ?... grab the flashlight and check my throat to see if it is swollen because I think it feels like it... fearing what the rest of the day will bring, I think about what day is it, is it near the weekend and will my husband ask me to go some where? already in panic mode and haven't even had my first cup of coffee... stomach growling from lack of food, I carefully make my way to the kitchen to start the coffee and hoping that someone hasn't tracked anything in on there shoes for me to step on. I go through the list of things that I might have for breakfast as I make the coffee. Well that didn't take long. Lets see, there's Velveeta shells and cheese, or corn checks or top ramen. Anyway, you know what I'm saying. This is totally crazy... I don't want to live this way.... I'm so frustrated and its not even 5 AM... I feel ridiculous embarrassed  childish and angry and scared.  But through all that, I have one emotion that stays steadfast... and that's determination. I am one of the lucky ones to have a family support team that although they can't physically put themselves in my place, they support me and stay by my side when I'm having my panic attach's. I Love them the hole world over and thank them every chance I get.But I need more... I need answers... how did I get this way? what is it called ? will it ever go away? how can I get control over my mind again ?
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A little about me
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 02:54:21 AM »
Hi Bedwards,

Welcome to the forum.  It is great to have you as a member.  This is a wonderful place to get advice and support from people going through similar situations.  The members here are very helpful. It is nice to know we are not alone.  One thing I have to say is that we all have to have hope.  Anxiety is a tough thing to cope with, but it can be done and you can live a pretty normal life.   Trying to control it doesn't work though.  It is more about learning to accept that what you are dealing with is anxiety and trusting that you are ok.  Does anxiety ever go away?  No every human has some level of anxiety.  The goal is to find a normal level of anxiety that does not disrupt your life.  Once you accept that some anxiety is normal it helps on the road to acceptance.

Feel free to explore the forum.  There are lots of useful topics to read.  Feel free to post and ask questions.  If you have specific concerns or questions start a topic in the appropriate section to get the best feedback. There is also a chat room for members 18 years and older that you can access once you have made three meaningful posts in the forum. 

Again welcome to our community.
Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Tags: