Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: peeing a lot  (Read 164 times)

Offline shaggy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
peeing a lot
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:32:22 PM »
It started this morning after I woke up feeling sick and anxious. Now waking up feeling sick and anxious is normal for me so I tried to ignore it and went to go pick something up from a friends hpuse . I came back home 20 mins later and my anxiety got worse. I've been peeing a lot since I got home, its really scared me so my anxiety just started getting worse and worse. I'm afraid I'll get dehydrated and have to go to the hospital so I've been drinking water and Gatorade. My pee is just clear, not cloudy or yellow or anything like that. It seems like the water and Gatorade are going right through me. I have had this symptom of peeing a lot when my anxiety gets really bad but for some reason its freaking me out today. Any help?
Bookmark and Share

Offline doug65

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: peeing a lot
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 02:51:33 PM »
Yes, anxiety can cause this.  Since your urine is clear, I'd say you are well hydrated. 
Bookmark and Share
MOST anxiety happens at the subconscious level.  JUST because you don't feel consciously anxious or had a day or two of calm doesn't mean your mind & body are relaxed.  It can take months of reduced anxiety before a body goes back to a more non-reactive state.  - AnxietyZone member Sixpack

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 02:54:59 PM »
I hear you; I get that way too, especially when I'm extremely anxious about something. When I go to the dentist I have to get a chair near the restroom and I have to interrupt the procedure every twenty minutes to pee.  Road trips do this to me too because I get anxious about not having a restroom nearby, so paradoxically I end up needing to use one every half-hour. It can be made much worse by my IBS, too; I don't know if this is something you have or not, but either way it's not terribly uncommon. It's like getting sweaty hands or dry mouth; your body just responds to anxiety this way. As long as your urine is clear you are probably doing fine. It won't hurt you to drink plenty of fluids to make sure, although I suggest water because the sugar in the Gatorade could actually make your anxiety worse if you're drinking a lot of it.
Bookmark and Share

Offline shaggy

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 03:07:19 PM »
Hey thanks for the replies! I'm the same way with road trips haha. I also tend to pee a lot when I'm at the movies because I get a little nervous and excited. My friends used to make fun of me for it lol. I usually just laughed with them because i thought it was pretty funny too but for some reason it really scared me today, but that's anxiety lol
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 03:11:30 PM »
Keep in mind that anxiety makes you pee, which has kicked into gear your fear of being dehydrated, which is making you drink more fluids which is going to make you pee more so please keep this in mind and don't let this make you think something is wrong.  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share

Tags: