Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Member Articles   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Need hair advice!  (Read 94 times)

Offline worry_wort007

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Need hair advice!
« on: June 05, 2014, 02:35:35 AM »
I have very long, very straight, very soft, baby fine hair. It tangles everywhere and the tangles are difficult to get out. I have tried nearly EVERYTHING! I'm using Wen which has helped some with the tangles but it still leaves my hair too oily. I want fuller hair and I want... dare I dream... tangle free hair. I want to be able to run my fingers through my hair without it tangling. Any advice?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Liana

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Loved
    Loved
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Need hair advice!
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2014, 07:53:17 AM »
Hi there.  Well, I am a hairstylist with many, many years experience.  If you have fine soft hair unfortunately tangling comes with the territory.  When was the last time you had it cut?  Hair has about a 6 year life from when it comes out of the scalp to when it sheds.  So for people with long hair it can be quite old at the ends, and the cuticle can be damaged and raised and all those damaged cuticles from the midshaft to ends can work almost like velcro and really stick to each other.  I know for people with long hair the idea of a good healthy cut is something they don't want to think about!!!  But good regular trims keep those dry damaged ends away and can't help prevent tangling.

If you find the Wen to heavy for your hair (oily), its because Wen contains A LOT of glycerin, in fact it is the 2nd ingredient in the cleansing conditioner, along with high amounts of rosemary oil, and sweet almond oil... so really you're just cleansing your hair with a big ole blob of oil... not good for fine delicate hair. 

So, consider going to go get a nice good trim.. remember it always grows back!!  Hope this helps!!! <3
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 08:37:19 AM »
I have hair like yours...I have found that Tresame smooth and silky shampoo and conditioner really help with tangles...one of the few products that actually works as advertised!  Also there is a product that we use on horses called Show Sheen , it's a silicon spray that is amazing.  I have used it on myself  and so pond as you don't overdo it (too much will make you hair dry) you will have the smoothest, shiniest hair ever.  Hope your this helps!
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:16:59 AM »
My hair used to be thicker but as I have aged and started taking meds and also having anxiety and depression sure has affected my hair.

I also used to get a lot of perms and coloring it too. I now have long hair because I look awful with shorter hair but I know I need a good hair cut because I cut my own lol I just cut straight across and use gel and a straightener that is really hot .

Hair today gone tomorrow! :) for me anyway and mine does tangle easy .
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Offline Taz0123

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 08:28:45 PM »
One shampoo and conditioner brand I used gave me very silky and smooth hair, even right after I bleached it and my hair was brittle as straw. Not oily at all, not sure about the fuller part since my hair has always been thick. Aveeno "Positively Nourishing" in tall and thin bottle. For getting it untangled I use a dense bristle brush, like boar bristles or something similar.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: