Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Terrified of Rheumatoid Arthritis...I'm Driving My Family Crazy...Please help  (Read 187 times)

Offline Jen0721

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hello :)

Off an on for the last seven months I have been dealing with anxiety related to autoimmune disorders.  I have currently convinced myself that I have Rheumatoid Arthritis.  My GP did bloodwork three months ago for lupus (since my mom has it).  It was completely normal.  My vitamin D and B12 was low, but not deficient, so I now take supplements. 

Over the course of the seven months, I have experienced infrequent joint and muscle pains, among a million other random things (e.g. tingling scalp, twitches, buzzing foot - it's not MS, I was worried about that, and I checked out).  Also, randomly, I had a spontaneous toe sprain in February.  In the last week and a half it has felt, "more regular".  It began with a bout of IBS.  Then, my ribs closest to my collar bone hurt so bad one night, it woke me up.  The pain was gone the next day and has only popped up for minutes since.  My left wrist hurts when I apply pressure to it (e.g. pain when pushing off of the bed in the morning, but not when carrying my 2 year old).  Today, both elbows are sore...like tennis elbow and my left ankle area hurts (like tendinitis).   No swelling, nothing is warm or red.  I haven't had a fever in over a year (not even slightly elevated temp).  I'm not tired.  I am stiff after sitting or sleeping, but only for minutes. 

I am 33, and generally healthy.  I'm just terrified of RA.  I love my family.  I want to play with my son.  I enjoy working.  I honestly want to clean, cook, do yard work, and laundry.   I am worried that this will debilitate me to a point where those things are no longer possible.  I've shared this fear with my husband on multiple occasions.   He is extremely supportive and wonderful.  However, I am Google fool...and that, drives him crazy. 

I am hopeful for advice...is RA as scary as I think it is??  And, how do you stop with Google??? 

Bookmark and Share

Online leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Hey there, my husband has RA... well he had an episode and he did get a swollen finger that got deformed. He also had inflammation on his eye. However, he took the right meds for 6 months only and he has been on remission for 15 years!!!!!!! He has no signs of RA. I have a friend who has the same situation, she has problems several times since she was a kid but has been on remission for 5 years. My aunt has RA and she manages it very well with meds.... she is super positive, happy, and active....
I think if you had RA you would KNOW you have it. It wouldn't be just randoms aches here and there, it would be pretty obvious.
Good luck, please stop obsessing about it and enjoy your 2 year old!
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Offline Alegna

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
It does not sound like you have RA at all.  Hey we all get random aches, pains, etc especially as we get older (sorry!) That's just how the human body is.  I have several family members who have RA, so even if it IS that...it is not that scary. They all live happy, relatively healthy normal lives. They have great medicines that help keep things under control. Don't be afraid!  And stop with the Google!!  I should talk because I can get just as carried away with it!  I think Google and the internet has actually and honestly created most of my HA !!
Bookmark and Share

Offline LAD123456

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
My mother had RA.  If you had RA it would be a symmetrical pattern -- the same joints on both sides of the body would be affected.  Believe me if you had a RA, you would know it.

Bookmark and Share

Offline Jen0721

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Thank you guys very much.  This is very reassuring.  I really appreciate it :)
Bookmark and Share