Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Awful day  (Read 213 times)

Offline Niceguy237

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Awful day
« on: June 04, 2014, 06:59:38 PM »
Hi all, just want to vent.  I had a bad day today.  Did an intense workout yesterday with trainer.  Focused on legs mostly, and yet somehow my shoulders and upper back are sore.  Woke up with muscle tension widespread and lots of twitches.  So so so so scared of neuromuscular disease.  Lots of thoughts of Bad diseases like ALS and even more rare ones.  Really hate this vicious cycle.  I think I am doing something good by exercising then the soreness makes me very anxious about my health. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Awful day
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 07:04:30 PM »
Exercising makes me feel out of it. I hate it. Seems like it's damned if we do and damned of we don't!
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 10
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:10:22 PM »
Dude, I'm pretty sure I gave myself CT testing my limbs for weakness. Try to avoid the pitfalls. Even my legs feel achey and crampy. ShawnW's opinion was adrenaline build-up causing excessive soreness. I'm inclined to believe him. Yeah, I twitch, cramp, muscles ache, wrist is f***ing killer. Pinky vibrates. Electrical shooting throughout my ulnar nerve. But even with all of these symptoms, I still have moment of clarity when I realise there are other more logical, more likely reasons for these things. Twitching from hyperventilation/adrenaline for a sold two weeks (I don't know how long it'll take to wear off, sadly). 'Cramping' from self-testing + adrenaline. Wrist, Carpal Tunnel from tendon overuse. And I pulled my pinky REALLY hard one day and my hand spasmed. I have a feeling I messed up the nerve by stressing it. Joint pain, also from overuse. It's easy to confuse what we do to ourselves as medical illness.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline Niceguy237

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 07:41:19 PM »
I am praying to God this is all just manifestation of anxiety.  Anxiety is horrible but can be treated.  Neuromuscular diseases like motor neuron disease can't be.  Tonight I ate dinner - no issues - then was eating chips and had trouble swallowing a bit!  No choking just some stuck at back of throat.  This caused a mild panic attack in my mind about whether or not I really might have ALS!  Combine this with my post workout fatigue and it's just been an awful day. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 07:54:27 PM »
Sorry you are having a rotten day! I panic too when stuff gets stuck in my throat. Go to my thread called list of anxiety symptoms. It from a website. Thought it might help some people. :)
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: