Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Escitolapram  (Read 331 times)

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Escitolapram
« on: June 04, 2014, 05:09:19 PM »
I was prescribed 5mg of escitolapram (lexapro) I took it for two days then stopped I should be ok right an not have any side effects?
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 134
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Re: Escitolapram
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 06:06:56 PM »
I was prescribed 5mg of escitolapram (lexapro) I took it for two days then stopped I should be ok right an not have any side effects?

Yes, there won't be any withdrawal effects. Why did you stop?

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Offline Shainatori

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 07:14:21 PM »
I got these bad headaches. I went to the psyc an he uped my dosage from .5mg 3x a day to 1mg 3x a day for clonzapam and 30mg of cymbalta but i don't like meds so I just want to take the clonzapam hope that works I read up on the size effects of cymbalta and it scared me
Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 134
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 08:24:41 PM »
I got these bad headaches. I went to the psyc an he uped my dosage from .5mg 3x a day to 1mg 3x a day for clonzapam and 30mg of cymbalta but i don't like meds so I just want to take the clonzapam hope that works I read up on the size effects of cymbalta and it scared me

Are you supposed to be on escitalopram (Lexapro) or duloxetine (Cymbalta)?

Long-term antidepressants are a better bet than benzodiazepines (BZDs) as doctors are becoming increasingly reluctant to prescribe BZDs which means you may not be able to get a prescription in the future. If you don't want to take meds then the cognitive/behavioural/mindfulness therapies are at least as effective.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all suggestions are general in nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: