Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Hello, just another new member post  (Read 39 times)

Offline ECee

• Rec's: 0
  • Hello :)
    • Poke This Member
Hello, just another new member post
« on: June 04, 2014, 02:34:16 PM »
Hi guys, I'm Ellie. I'm 19 years old and I've been suffering from GAD for 3 years now, although I have been dealing with it my whole life. I just wasn't diagnosed or treated for it until maybe 2011?

I was in therapy until senior year of high school but since the psychiatrist I saw was under pediatric care and because I turned 18, I couldn't be there anymore. My college health center did not provide the services and we'd meant to look for an adult psychiatrist but there hasn't been time. I've also been on prozac, but not at the moment.

My anxiety basically keeps me from doing things, like going out with friends, doing the most in school, and I have a very hard time eating because not only do I have stomach problems already, but the anxiety makes it worse, and this is probably one of the biggest problems I have. It's a struggle for me to leave the house even with family and friends, and I've lost some friends due to this. I just feel like I'm walking on eggshells all the time, my fear of something bad happening is so overwhelming. I have a hard time enjoying vacations because I dread its end. And with most anxiety sufferers, I've also lost a lot of motivation and I'm tired and fatigued most of the time.

I had some hobbies before hand, but now it's just mostly arts and crafts and writing, as it helps me deal with it. I'm learning how to crochet and I write a lot. I also do some collecting.

I decided to join here because I wanted to be able to talk to people who are going through the same thing, as it can be isolating.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Cuchculan

• Rec's: 161
    • Poke This Member
Re: Hello, just another new member post
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 04:28:41 PM »
Welcome to the forum. Good to have you as a member. Here you are with like minded people. People who understand. As we all suffer from something or other. So feel free to ask any questions. Our members are always willing to help others out. Good chatroom too. 3 posts to enter the room.

Find the correct section of the forum that suits your condition and create a new topic on it. This is just a welcome section. Never really get the same amount of help in this section as you would on the other sections of the forums. So whatever one suits the questions you are asking. Get much better answers.
All users of the chatroom must be 18 years old or over. The room is off limits to anybody under the age of 18.
Bookmark and Share
The Lovable Irish Rogue

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 04:37:08 PM »
Welcome Ellie,

This is great community with people who are also suffering along with you and can empathize FULLY - I remember being about your age back in 1979 when the Panic Attacks, GAD, OCD hit me like a brick wall - I was just so devastated - and become very lonely.

There has been so much progress in this field for us!

Welcome - and please post any questions you might have - your among friends here  :action-smiley-065: 
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Online TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 05:00:16 PM »
Welcome to the site and I did read what you wrote and I hope you can find a new therapist soon and get back out there and have some fun !!

The problem I see with most of us is that friends do turn their backs on us or treat us differently and mostly because they don't understand and some just don't care to understand so if they don't care enough to stick around and show support and love then God Forbid if you or any of us would get something like the big C or anything else because they would NOT stick around then either so we do learn who is real and who is fake and wouldn't have our backs through any health problem being mental or physical and that is sad and I SO understand!!  YOU will get better and you make new friends and if old ones come back around when you are better ask them where they were when you really needed them and I do know we can push people away but a true friend or family member would stick!!

This place is really helpful and full of so many post and there is a chatroom and really helpful people in there too but the forums will sure help you like they do me! 

Hang in there and do all you can to get YOU better okay and know we are all in this together!!

You will have to face the fear and feel the body symptoms and scary thoughts and come out stronger!!
Bookmark and Share
Let it Go, Let God !

Tags: