Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Blood on Toilet Paper--Help!?  (Read 233 times)

Offline aethermaster

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Blood on Toilet Paper--Help!?
« on: June 04, 2014, 12:40:24 PM »
Hey guys,

For the past couple of days I've been noticing dried blood off and on when I wipe. I recently had the fecal immnochemical test, and a whole slew of other stool tests and they found nothing, but I'm really scared that I may have colon cancer. Right now for example, I didn't go #2 but when I wiped (some itching) there were light stains of dried blood on it...I don't even get what's going on...(also I'm 22/male in case if it matters).  :traurig001:
Bookmark and Share

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
Re: Blood on Toilet Paper--Help!?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2014, 12:54:42 PM »
If it helps, I get blood on the toilet paper too after wiping sometimes. It could be from something as simple as hemorrhoids or an anal fissure. (both very non life threatening). Have you had your bottom examined by the doctor? Also, does this blood come out fresh or dry? And how much is there of it? If it comes out fresh it means you've irritated an anal fissure or hemorrhoid, and if it comes out dry that could simply be blood from the hemorrhoids/fissure from your last bowel movement that seeped out a bit and dried.

This "dried blood", could you describe it in a bit more detail as far as how much and what it looks like?

Either way a stool test would definitely tell you if you had blood in your stool.... the next step would be to get a scope in there. I wouldn't worry about it too much though, i've been bleeding out of my bum for years because of irritating toilet paper. Thats why I use Charmin Ultra because it's very gentle on your bottom.
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Offline aethermaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2014, 01:00:15 PM »
She only looked about 3 weeks ago when it was starting up and told me that there was irritation but I need to change doctors because she didn't tell me anything. It seems like its dry and everywhere I've read on the internet shows that dry blood means that there's blood coming from your upper intestines.

As for the dried blood its exactly what it sounds like. Dried blood that's pretty faint. The last time I had it was about three days ago and it was the same thing--dried blood that looked faded on the paper. My mom keeps telling me that I popped a vein but I don't really believe her because she always tells me that it's nothing when I feel that it is something. Besides would a vein popping last for over 3 weeks now?
Bookmark and Share

Offline aethermaster

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2014, 03:02:06 PM »
Update: So I had another BM and everything LOOKED normal (I could never be 100% sure though but nothing looked out of place other than some black and brown, but it looked on more of the normal end of the spectrum) but no blood. So what gives? Why does this just show up when it wants then not when I actually have a BM? Because when I saw blood I didn't even go #2 and now that I did there was nothing...? Or maybe I wasn't looking close enough or something...
Bookmark and Share

Offline marc

• Community Greeter
  • Rec's: 64
  • Mood: Confused
    Confused
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2014, 03:42:27 PM »
My GI physician once told me to drink plenty of fluids, eat plenty of fiber and
don't sit and strain when you go. In other words if you can't go, it is best to get up
and try later.
Bookmark and Share
If you're going through hell, keep going.
Never, Never, Never, give up.

Offline PandaNinja

• Rec's: 4
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
  • Look for the Light
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2014, 04:46:47 PM »
She only looked about 3 weeks ago when it was starting up and told me that there was irritation but I need to change doctors because she didn't tell me anything. It seems like its dry and everywhere I've read on the internet shows that dry blood means that there's blood coming from your upper intestines.

As for the dried blood its exactly what it sounds like. Dried blood that's pretty faint. The last time I had it was about three days ago and it was the same thing--dried blood that looked faded on the paper. My mom keeps telling me that I popped a vein but I don't really believe her because she always tells me that it's nothing when I feel that it is something. Besides would a vein popping last for over 3 weeks now?

Blood from your upper GI tract would mix with your stool and create black, tarry stools that seep blood after you've passed them. If you haven't had that, that's a really good sign. An upper GI bleed wouldn't come out of your bottom untouched. It would mix with your stool and create black, tar like stools. So if you haven't had that I think we can be optimistic that its not you upper GI. :)

It's more likely coming from the lower GI, which can be anything from the small intestine to the outer edges of your anus. Anal fissures can happen anywhere in the anus and even in the rectum, as well as hemorrhoids. If the amount of blood you're seeing isn't substancial, it can probably wait until your next doctor appointment. at that point i would inquire about a scope if your still concerned. :)
Bookmark and Share
"Be on the watch, the Gods will offer you chances, know them and take them. You can't beat death, but you can beat death in life. Sometimes the more often you learn to do it, the more light there will be. You are marvelous, and the gods wait to delight in you." - Charles Bukowski, The Laughing Heart

Tags: