Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Xanax with elevated liver enzymes - alternative for social anxiety meds?  (Read 114 times)

Offline yahoo2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
I can deal with anxiety through my CBT. I stay away from SSRIs. Xanax has been a miracle pill for me. I take anywhere from 1mg-2mg daily.

However recently I noticed I get itchty at night. So I emailed my gastro and he said, if the itching was from the liver, then it would be end stage with symtoms including jundice (yellowing of skin) which I do not have.

So just to be precautious he ordered liver panel (ALT, AST, ALP). I am so afraid the results with come back elevated and I will have to discontinue xanax.

Are there any alternatives for xanax that due not cause any harm to liver? My worse fears are public speaking, blushing at meetings and conversations with "hot" girls. Also I need something that can I take and be life of the party without blushing.

Thanks
Bookmark and Share

Offline yahoo2000

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Just received my liver panel and all was normal. Actually my numbers look better now than they did before I was taking xanax. I feel so relieved.

Bookmark and Share

Offline insights

• Rec's: 91
  • Mood: Curious
    Curious
    • Poke This Member
Are there any alternatives for xanax that due not cause any harm to liver?

There is little evidence that benzodiazepines harm the liver. Some are found naturally in all foods so the liver is well equipped to deal with them.

Ian
Bookmark and Share
NOTE: I'm not a doctor, and particularly not yours, so there may be factors I'm unaware of. Therefore all advice is of a general nature and you should consult your doctor before following any of it, especially before changing med doses.

Tags: