Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Bruised bump in knee from kneeling????Please help!  (Read 204 times)

Online leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Bruised bump in knee from kneeling????Please help!
« on: June 03, 2014, 11:56:45 AM »
Ok so I woke up yesterday with a sore bump in my knee. it's red and it feels bruised. The day before, I was kneeling for a while bathing my kids and then cleaning the bathrooms floor.... the other knee is ok. I think I put more weight on the sore knee? I feels like I hit it with a corner of something but I can't remember... of coyrse now I am freaking out thinking is yet another symptoms of lupus (the disease I am fearing right now)...
Please please I need some reassurance.... could I have that bump, bruised knee from kneeling???? help....
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Online leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Bruised bump in knee from kneeling????Please help!
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
anyone please?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 01:20:03 PM »
Since I work outdoors around horses I get bruises all the time.  Kneeling on a hard floor, walking into a fence, getting kicked by a cranky pony, you name it.  A bruise is not a sign of Lupus...it's , well, a bruise.  Put some ice on it if it's really bothering you but that and time are all it needs.

Btw,  My cousin has Lupus so I am familiar with the symptoms, (nothing like yours), and even then hers is well managed with medication.
Bookmark and Share

Online leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 01:24:36 PM »
Since I work outdoors around horses I get bruises all the time.  Kneeling on a hard floor, walking into a fence, getting kicked by a cranky pony, you name it.  A bruise is not a sign of Lupus...it's , well, a bruise.  Put some ice on it if it's really bothering you but that and time are all it needs.

Btw,  My cousin has Lupus so I am familiar with the symptoms, (nothing like yours), and even then hers is well managed with medication.

Thanks so much for replying. I truly appreciate it!!!! I am a mess right now. I can't control my HA. I started Lexapro 2 days ago, waiting to kick in. Can't live with this fear of lupus any longer  :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 06:05:04 PM »
Glad I could help!  Keep two things in mind...a) SSRI'S like Lexapro can take up to 12 weeks to take full effect so be patient, and they can initially make anxiety worse...when I started Zoloft it was no fun but I stuck it out and now I feel great.  I have GAD btw.
B). Even if it was Lupus, which it IS NOT, it's not a death sentence.  My cousin lives a normal, active life and she is 47.
Bookmark and Share

Online leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 07:32:57 PM »
Glad I could help!  Keep two things in mind...a) SSRI'S like Lexapro can take up to 12 weeks to take full effect so be patient, and they can initially make anxiety worse...when I started Zoloft it was no fun but I stuck it out and now I feel great.  I have GAD btw.
B). Even if it was Lupus, which it IS NOT, it's not a death sentence.  My cousin lives a normal, active life and she is 47.

Thanks! I have  a friend who has lupus, has been diagnosed for almost 2 years and she is very sick. she is in and out of the hospital every few months or so. She is what's triggering my current HA
Bookmark and Share

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 08:13:45 PM »
Stop Googling if you have been.  Anything you Google will show you the one in a million horror stories, not the realities.  For example I titer low  positive for Lyme disease...do I have it?  No, but I have been exposed and my awesome immune system kicked it's butt so now I have antibodies that show up in a titer.  Feed that into Google or web md and it says I am going to die tomorrow.  Well I have been doing just fine for 20 years now...

Don't let someone else's experience drag you down.  It stinks that your friend is going through this but even though my cousin and I are virtual carbon copies of each other (even out own parents get us confused)  she has Lupus and I don't.

You will be fine.  Hang in there!
Bookmark and Share

Online leah2013

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 04:33:23 PM »
Stop Googling if you have been.  Anything you Google will show you the one in a million horror stories, not the realities.  For example I titer low  positive for Lyme disease...do I have it?  No, but I have been exposed and my awesome immune system kicked it's butt so now I have antibodies that show up in a titer.  Feed that into Google or web md and it says I am going to die tomorrow.  Well I have been doing just fine for 20 years now...

Don't let someone else's experience drag you down.  It stinks that your friend is going through this but even though my cousin and I are virtual carbon copies of each other (even out own parents get us confused)  she has Lupus and I don't.

You will be fine.  Hang in there!

Thank you so much for your support!!! I really mean a lot to me!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
    Worried
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:17:29 PM »
YOU DO NOT HAVE LUPUS!!!!! My grandmother has had lupus for 30+ years and this isn't a symptom .
Bookmark and Share

Tags: