Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about colon cancer I feel this is it .  (Read 311 times)

Offline KatB

• Rec's: 5
    • Poke This Member
Worried about colon cancer I feel this is it .
« on: June 03, 2014, 06:52:00 AM »
Hi everyone

My anxiety level is high right now , I can't sleep and can't calm down .
My husband randomly asked me to make an appointment for him with our Dr . He knows
I have HA and tries to make it really casual like its nothing just a regular appointment .

Of course me I push to find out what's wrong . He told me he has stomach pain and has not been able
to have a bowel movement . I started asking him questions like do you babe blood or dark stools how long
have you been having these symptoms . He's told me about a year or 6 months !!!!!!!😁😁😁😁😁

Backround in him :  he is a former smoker , loves his beer has a high stress job turning 50 this year and also had divorticulosis, had surgery to remove part the diseased section . He said he has to strain to go and sometimes has diarrhea as well . Had blood once although I think he is just trying to not alarm me Becaise he knows I freak out and will obsess over his symptoms .

I immediately made an appoitment for him which was yesterday . Doc asked him if his symptoms  feel similar to the diverticulosis and he said no . Examined him and is now sending him off for a ct scan blood work and also he has to collect his stool for 3 days to bring in .

He has every symptom of colon cancer ! I feel like he is doomed and I will loose him . I can't think rational and just wait for results Becaise I know now this is it . There is no way it's anything else Becaise he already had divorticulosis and it doesn't feel the same . He really waited long the cancer has spread and he will die . This is what is constantly circling on my mind . He was never a good eater so I don't know if his appetite went or if he lost a lot of weight .

I feel sick to my stomach in my mind he has CC . His symptoms are all there plus he waited too long 😔
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about colon cancer I feel this is it .
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2014, 07:04:51 AM »
Well here is the good news. He has history of diverticulitis. All of his symptoms sound like that could be happening again. Because of his age it's investigation is smart. I am assuming he had a colonoscopy to diagnosis his diverticulitis correct? How long ago was that? If no cancer was found then it would be highly unlikely something grew and advanced since then. Stomach issues are so common. The doctor is just being proactive.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2014, 07:21:41 AM »
He had it done 4 years ago , nothing was found . The thing that scares me is he waited so long , plus he keeps saying it doest feel like the diverticulosis .
At his examination the dr pressed on part of his stomach and he sayd it hurt bad . Can't poop had blood I'm just overwhelmed and fear he has CC , ugh !
Bookmark and Share

Offline nole23

• Rec's: 7
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 09:08:59 AM »
I agree with Lindsay, if he had the colonoscopy 4 years ago I don't believe CC could have grown and advanced in that time. Diverticulitis is a LOT more common than CC, plus he knows he has it so it's likely to be something to do with that.
Having said that I can truly imagine how you must be feeling. I also feel major anxiety when my hubby has anything wrong and he too does not communicate because he knows I'll worry. I'm sending lots and lots of positive energy your way and a big, big hug. I believe everything will be ok.
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »
Thank you for your replies it's really comforting to know that people are there to support you .

I hope he doesn't have CC , of course it's hard to ignore his symptoms . The having a hard time to pass a stool to pain in his stomach and blood is freaking me out .

I just wish he had not neglected his symptoms just because things get worse . Ugh !
He's last colonoscopy for years ago was ok other then having the divorticulosis .
😊 Katherine
Bookmark and Share

Online mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2014, 01:46:25 PM »
If he's constipated it makes sense it would hurt when his stomach was pressed on.  Geez though I almost envy people who can have weird body stuff going on that long without worrying about it.  He probably just has some digestive problems. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2014, 06:44:31 PM »
The thing is he's not constipated for a week which I would consider pretty normal he's been having this issue for months . He didn't do anything about it and I feel if it's cancer it has spread :(

He also was ordered to do a hemma screen test is stools ?
Bookmark and Share

Offline Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2014, 06:22:13 AM »
The doctors are just being extremely proactive because A he is 50, B he has history of colon issues, C he is complaining of pain and constipation with slight bleeding. I would bet money the doctor are thinking it's many other things over cancer. Especially if he has had diverticulitis and a colon surgery. My grandfather had bad diverticulitis and had some of his sigmoid removed. His symptoms were severe abdominal pain. Just because this doesn't feel exactly like his last episode it could still be. Possibly located in a different section if the colon. There could possibly be swelling and inflation of the bowel causing a blockage. A very close family friend who is in her 50s is hospitalized as I type this with severe diverticulitis and a small bowel perforation from it. She is expected to make a full recovery. She went to the hospital because of unbearable stomach pain. There dodo could have been other symptoms but most people don't announce they were also extremely constipated or bleeding LOL
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2014, 09:27:15 AM »
I will update as soon as we get to the bottom of it . Thank you for your reply helped a lot 😊
Bookmark and Share

Offline nabila12

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2014, 11:47:27 AM »
Sorry you are going through this right now. I am going through a colon cancer scare myself right now. I am sure your husband's doctor's are just being diligent, and that is a GOOD thing, even though it feels scary. I have to tell myself that every day as I wait for my colonoscopy at the end of June. Take good care of yourself as you wade through this process and let us know how things turn out. You are not alone!
Bookmark and Share

Offline KatB

• Poke This Member
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2014, 11:09:01 PM »
Thank you Nabila12 hope all goes well with you too . Do you mind me asking what sort of symptoms your experiencing ?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: