Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tired and out of it triggers my health anxiety. Ugh. Anemia?  (Read 115 times)

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
I have been bed bound for almost 3 months and I've been told by drs on my health app that I probably have muscle weakness in my legs and my body isn't used to being active. I've been trying not to be so nervous walking cause I don't trust my legs. They are usually stiff and wobbly in the morning but they loosen up the more I walk. But what's frustrating is the other day when I ran and walked with real sore legs I was so tired after that that I felt really out of it and had a bit of derealization which I hate! Everyone says I'm pushing myself too hard cause I'm anxious to be better and do the things I love doing. So I decided I was just gonna try not to be so nervous walking and to trust my body and my legs. And not push myself too hard with exercising too much.

Well today I did a bit of exercises and it was only Pilates and yoga. Not even 10 minutes I was tired and took a nap and woke up still feeling tired. I walked in my room and did some  stretching and I had to lay down was so tired and out of it. No derealization but was afraid that was gonna happen. I ate dinner and feel a bit better but still feel sleepy and tired. I get enough sleep.

When I get tired like this and feel like I just wanna sleep my mind starts thinking I'm dying with something. If makes me mad when fatigue triggers my anxiety.

I had blood work done in march and if was all normal.  So I
Wonder by some chance that my hemoglobin could be low by now due to being in bed. I was anemic when I was really young, like 8 years old maybe 10 years old. Can't recall. But since then I have not had it.

Was wondering if anyone here can relate to this. Do you ever feel tired and out if it? Like a zombie? And does that make you worry you are dying? Ha sucks.
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tired and out of it triggers my health anxiety. Ugh. Anemia?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 06:38:07 PM »
Fatigue and anxiety can become a cycle. I get this sometimes but not to the extent you described (being bed bound for three months). When I exercise for the sake of exercise it doesn't seem to help because I'm too conscious of the fact that I'm trying to get over the anxiety and fatigue, so I get more anxious and more fatigued. The trick is to try to find something you really enjoy that also gives you some exercise- hopefully something that takes your mind off of it entirely. I take walks with my camera and photograph nature. When I'm looking for birds or setting up a photograph I don't think about anything else, and this is the best way for me to get out and be active. Also, be sure to ramp up gradually. Don't dive right in or you will make yourself worse. And... it takes time. Be patient with your body. You might even start to feel worse before you start to feel better.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Kmj023

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tired and out of it triggers my health anxiety. Ugh. Anemia?
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 06:59:48 PM »
I am actually a photographer and I've had to put my business on hold due to this. But I have thought about going for a little walk in my yard with my camera to see if that takes my mind off of my legs. I don't think I will fall, I think that would have already happened. But I hate being nervous automatically. First time this has ever happened. Sometimes I feel better thinking of using a cane lol.

I'm not a patient person so I need to just listen to everyone and not stress myself out and not anticipate. And try to walk as much as I can then sit down. Maybe any kind of exercise is a little too much right now. If I could
Afford physical therapy, that is what I would do. But I have to do it myself. And I know I can, just wish I didn't have anxiety to trigger when I am on my feet. :(
Bookmark and Share
"The only illness that we can't accept is hypochondria."

"Never Google, everyone will catch an invisible tumor!"

"Anxiety is not a doctor. Neither is the internet."

Actual diagnosis : chronic sinusitis.
Google diagnosis : brain cancer.

Symptoms : dizzy head feeling.

Tags: