Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Worried about Chronic Appendicitus! Need help  (Read 149 times)

Offline AnxiousHolmes

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Worried about Chronic Appendicitus! Need help
« on: June 02, 2014, 02:19:44 PM »
I recently have had small, dull and achey pains in my lower right abdomin, at first it didn't play on my mind and then I did the stupid google procedure  :angry-smiley-034: and saw appendicitus come up!

Now I got dead scared about this, usually you have pain near the belly button but that didn't come at all until a week ago, its been 2 weeks of this pain. But I thought no, that can't be appendicitus because it would have gotten worse. The pain also is on the side just above the hip and recently in the groin area. I've also been getting constipation but not terrible because I have been able to go to the loo.

Then it hit me....what if it is Chronic?? D:

What if all this time it is chronic appendicitus, I want to go to the doctors to have it checked out but I've been to the docs 3-4 weeks ago previously. I've today just had a bout of panic over it and I think thats made the pain slightly more bad, now it's gone down a little.

Please I need assurance, I'm afraid and I don't really want to die a young man ;__;
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
Re: Worried about Chronic Appendicitus! Need help
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 04:55:02 PM »
I'm not going to lie here. I've had an appendectomy and think it would be wise, if you're concerned, to have it checked out.

You're not going to die from an appendicitis. If it were close to rupturing the pain would be huge. I'm alive and . . . somewhat well (irrelevant to my lack of appendix).

For me, there was a strong sensation of nausea. I couldn't stop puking. And the pain was so intense it made sleeping impossible (and I have a very high pain threshold).

It wouldn't be hard for them to tell if you were having an appendicitis if you do choose to have it looked at. In my opinion, I think this is anxiety.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline AnxiousHolmes

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2014, 11:12:54 AM »
After reading what you have experienced makes me a little more reassured that I do not have appendicitus and that it can be treated long before any real damage can kill you

Thank you ever so much, I shall keep in mind whenever I have a dull ish pain in and around that area that it would be worse :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline Rubbr_Dukkie

• Rec's: 2
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 04:35:24 PM »
I wouldn't worry about it to much..

Like said previously, if it were about to burst you'd know it.

My girlfriend had her appendix removed as it was about to burst, she said it was the most painful thing she'd ever experienced... So unless you're at a 11 out of 10 in the pain scale, it's not going to do any damage.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2014, 04:44:23 PM »
Usually appendix pain will not move around much at all. The fact that it's moving around makes it sounds more like gastric issues, possibly related to your constipation and almost certainly linked to your anxiety. The small intestine empties into the large intestine on your lower right-hand side and if you are constipated it can be tender in this area. It doesn't sounds urgent to me since both the pain and your bowels are still moving. If it keeps up or gets worse, I'd ask your doctor about it and he/she will probably be able to tell you by feeling/listening to your abdomen exactly what is causing this.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Descent

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Only thing to fear is fear itself
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2014, 05:48:29 PM »
As far as I know, the chronic version of appendicitis is very rare compared to acute. This sounds more like undiagnosed IBS, if anything.
Bookmark and Share
Currently afraid of: Bacterial infections, toxic ingestions

Offline AnxiousHolmes

Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2014, 01:56:54 PM »
considering it has been just over 3 weeks with no heightend pain, it seems like gastric pains

I thank you all for your reassurances, anxiety and hypochondria can be an unpleasant combination and now I am working on trying to relieve these anxieties :)

Thanks to you all :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2014, 04:58:06 PM »
What's with all the appendix-phobias lately.

This is 100% not something you should actively fear.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh