Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Stressed to the max about symptoms.... Warning:TMI  (Read 220 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
Stressed to the max about symptoms.... Warning:TMI
« on: June 02, 2014, 12:22:56 PM »
Posted in Digestive Disorders section with no response... hoping to get some here:

Hello guys! I'm having an extremely hard time controlling my anxiety right now! About 2 months ago I had some bright red bleeding along with a bowel movement and this occurred couple times since. Well last Thursday I had 2 loose stools early that morning, 3 hours later I went to the bathroom to urinate and had more bright red rectal bleeding. I went to the doc and after an exam he didn't feel any hemmrhoids and he thought it was a fissure but it's been 3 days now and I am still having bright red bleeding when I urinate or have a bowel movement. I don't have any in between visits to the bathroom just when I go and there is some occasional mild burning.1 It seems to be when my rectal muscles relax. My stool was negative for blood which is a good thing but im seriously frieked out and can't focus on my normal day to day stuff. Has anyone else had this problem from something that was benign? And how long did it last? Sorry so much TMI.. reassurance needed!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Stressed to the max about symptoms.... Warning:TMI
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 12:58:20 PM »
Few things get someone with health anxiety fired up like blood where it shouldn't be! If it is blood then the fact that it's bright red is actually a good thing; dark would mean that it is old blood, and bright means that it's fresh, so it's probably just a small amount and caused by the act of having a BM. Your doctor said there were no fissures and no blood in the stool. The only things I can think of are that it isn't actually blood (maybe tomatoes or red peppers?) or that it only happens when you are having a BM so there is no trace of a problem at the doctor's office. If you fear the latter, then you might ask for a take-home stool test kit so that when you have a bright red BM you can bring that exact sample in for analysis. If there's still no hint of blood then it's caused by something else; most likely something you ate.
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Rec's: 0
  • Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:15:09 PM »
You sound like you are having a good amount of rectal bleeding. It concerns me you are bleeding with urination as well. That doesn't at all mean it's anything sinister but I advise you to have a colonoscopy. I know first hand the anxiety blood with a BM caused. I had periodic blood streaks on my BMs. I put it off out of fear and finally had a colonoscopy done. I had a small polyp in my sigmoid colon and internal hemorrhoids. The polyp was removed and biopsied and it was 100% benign. I was 26. How old are you?
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 35
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2014, 06:12:03 AM »
Sounds like a fissure to me, especially with the burning.  Sometimes I get a little blood when I wipe after urinating if I've been bleeding after wiping - it's just blood being rinsed off. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: