Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Have you tried medication for your HA?  (Read 132 times)

Offline mroussa

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Have you tried medication for your HA?
« on: June 02, 2014, 10:50:17 AM »
Hello!

When my HA first started (3 years ago) I was put on Prozac (well...fluoxetine) 20 mg. I stopped taking it over a year ago. Because of my "HA relapse" last month, I started it again last week. The first time I took it, the effects were almost immediate. This time...nothing. But I know it will take some time.

Has anyone else taken it? Or anything else?
Did it help you?
Bookmark and Share

Online Lindsay2427

• Mood: Scared
    Scared
    • Poke This Member
Re: Have you tried medication for your HA?
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2014, 03:16:46 PM »
I stopped Zoloft after only 2 days because of a severe major panic attack with other scary neurological symptoms. I do badly want to be on something to help me but I'm terrified of side effects
Bookmark and Share

Online rileybug

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2014, 03:22:27 PM »
I am terrified of meds-the side effects and then to taper off later.  Theres no meds for me-to many scary stories.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nk904

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2014, 04:01:22 PM »
I take celexa and only 10 mg/day. It's helped me not care about some stuff but I feel like it's not a strong enough dosage. For my HA it's barely helped. Convinced I have als after five months.
Bookmark and Share

Online Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 6
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2014, 05:09:10 PM »
Hi Mroussa...

I was reading your post...

When my HA first started (3 years ago) I was put on Prozac (well...fluoxetine) 20 mg. I stopped taking it over a year ago. Because of my "HA relapse" last month, I started it again last week. The first time I took it, the effects were almost immediate. This time...nothing. But I know it will take some time.

I have used Prozac when it first came out, and have back on it several time, experimenting with other new medications.  But in the end, I am now back on Prozac (Brand Name) for the last 12 years at 20mg or 40mg.

If Prozac has worked for you in the past... there is no reason it should not work... unless it is a GENERIC Prozac = Fluoxetine.  In my case, getting back on Prozac over the years was a mix bag of results... until I asked for the Original Brand Name Prozac not the generic.

Was there a difference - for me - YES !!! 

The problem I had was, the pharmacy was giving me different generics made from different drug pharmacies, and each 30 day supply yielded mixed results - depending on the manufacturer of the Fluoxetine which I counted in my pill box, coming from 3 different companies.

So, to resolve this... I asked my Dr. to prescribe - Prozac Brand Name - do not Substitute - I pay $45/month vs $10/Month - but I am now getting the great results I am used to from the original Prozac.   

Something to think about... I found for me - Generic Prozac is not the same Brand Name Prozac.  If you do a search on the web, you will find this has been issues for many original users of Prozac - like myself....

But, then again... a generic may work just fine... you might want to try Brand Name vs Generic Fluoxetine and see who it makes you feel...

Hope this helps! :action-smiley-065:

Hope this helps...
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Offline soaringfalcon

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2014, 06:03:30 PM »
I do and it makes my life livable.  I take 30mg of Celexa.  I've tried Paxil and it made me an anxious mess. 

I've been on/off Celexa and it does longer to work work each time.  It can take up to 8 weeks to get to a therapeutic dose.

The first fews weeks can be bad but everything tapers off.  I don't think most people give SSRIs enough time to work.
Bookmark and Share

Offline leah2013

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Worried
    Worried
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2014, 06:26:24 PM »
I started the generic of Lexapro, escitalopram last night. I can't take this HA anymore... It's literally ruining my life..... I tried it last year for 6 weeks and it helped but then I started getting headaches and I thought it was the pill and quit.... I am trying it again and hopefully can stick with it... I started with 5 mg and upping it to 10mg in 1 week.... I am praying it works this time... I am in my wits ends
Bookmark and Share
Going thru a rough patch! Praying for peace of mind and happiness!!!!

Tags: