Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Wire  Bored?

Author Topic: can anyone else relate? Need reassurance! (TMI)  (Read 263 times)

Offline carolina girl

• Rec's: 1
    • Poke This Member
can anyone else relate? Need reassurance! (TMI)
« on: June 01, 2014, 07:34:48 PM »
Hello guys! I'm having an extremely hard time controlling my anxiety right now! About 2 months ago I had some bright red bleeding along with a bowel movement and this occurred couple times since. Well last Thursday I had 2 loose stools early that morning, 3 hours later I went to the bathroom to urinate and had more bright red rectal bleeding. I went to the doc and after an exam he didn't feel any hemmrhoids and he thought it was a fissure but it's been 3 days now and I am still having bright red bleeding when I urinate or have a bowel movement. I don't have any in between visits to the bathroom just when I go and there is some occasional mild burning.1 It seems to be when my rectal muscles relax. My stool was negative for blood which is a good thing but im seriously frieked out and can't focus on my normal day to day stuff. Has anyone else had this problem from something that was benign? And how long did it last? Sorry so much TMI.. reassurance needed! :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline Scye27

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone else relate? Need reassurance! (TMI)
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2014, 09:30:57 PM »
I've had fissures for years. They come and go for me. I've had two colonoscopies, and they found no tumors or anything. I will go a good month without anything, then it seems any time I go to the bathroom, it's there. The only thing that helps is fiber and water. You can also try olive oil.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Walnut

• Rec's: 3
    • Poke This Member
Re: can anyone else relate? Need reassurance! (TMI)
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2014, 01:59:18 PM »
i know im about a month late but ive had this for years. i would say off and on for about 15 years. sometimes worse than others. the loose bowel movements could most likely be from anxiety. i know when i had fears of colon cancer and other fears related to severe digestive issues i would get loose bowel movements. i assume its from the anxiety causing my digestion to speed up. bright red blood is most always fissures or hemmorhoids. if you were to have black tarry stools then that would indicate bleeding higher up in the digestive tract. keep in mind though black tarry stools are not the same as black stools from pepto bismol or certain dyes in foods and drinks.
Bookmark and Share
I am horrible about forgetting which threads I have replied to. If you dont get a reply back from me feel free to message me.

My screen name used to be "Nutty" Ive been a member since 2008. I forgot what email I used back then so I cant login to my old name.

Tags: