Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Tanning problems  (Read 116 times)

Offline Shayden

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Tanning problems
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:47:20 PM »
So I am pale, not like as white as paper but just pale so I used baby oil on the front side of my body today, (Please do not tell me about the whole skin cancer thing, or if it was stupid i understand.) I've used many tanning products and NONE of them gave me a good tan \: I am really worried that it wont pay off after I used it, I do have burns and yes they hurt but not to an extreme.

Alot of people said that it would give you a tan, my mom told me when she was younger she tanned ALOT she even told me that her skin color was just like mine and she used baby oil and it gave her a tan after a couple of days!

idk i'm really insecure about my pale skin, I just wanted to try it out, i'm worried I wont get any results after a couple of days. :(
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 41
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tanning problems
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 09:26:44 PM »
If you're that determined to tan, try a self-tanner.  Just read reviews first and follow instructions carefully so you don't end up looking like you're on Jersey Shore ;)  Safer and more foolproof.  Some people just don't tan.
Bookmark and Share

Offline PantsyAntsy

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Tanning problems
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 10:20:56 PM »
Melanoma is a trigger for me, so it's really hard for me to relate to worrying about pale skin  :sprachlos020:. Pale skin is becoming more and more normalized, nothing to feel insecure about. Baby oil was THE PLAN for a tan in the 80s when I was a teen. I can tell you, all it buys you long term is sun damage and wrinkles. If you must look tan to feel okay, try the spray on stuff, but please read up on it first to see if that's safe!
Bookmark and Share

Tags: