Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Question about the nausea  (Read 228 times)

Offline A_chrislip

• Rec's: 0
  • OMG Bono is my Avatar!
    • Poke This Member
Question about the nausea
« on: June 01, 2014, 06:10:30 PM »
The uncomfortable nausea that comes from the panic/anxiety and/or the nausea that comes from the Zoloft, can that be treated with Pepto? Will it do any good? Is it safe to take while taking Zoloft?
Bookmark and Share
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Question about the nausea
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 06:48:31 PM »
I would call your pharmacist. If you can't get yours on the phone, then call any major pharmacy.  They always answer my questions.
Bookmark and Share

Offline A_chrislip

• OMG Bono is my Avatar!
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 08:56:10 PM »
I got a hold of a doctor at the hospital, the physician on call, he recommended against the pepto due to the aspirin in it. Said it could turn the nausea into heartburn and the bismuth has a chance to turn your stool black, and with the anxiety already raging, I don't need to forget about the pepto and freak about my stool being odd.
He's forwarding a note to the nurse practitioner I see about it so she can tell me what I can take for it, plus told me to break my zoloft in half and start even smaller.
Bookmark and Share
I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when my fear is gone I will turn and face fear's path, and only I will remain.

Offline Lunatone

• Rec's: 21
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 09:42:45 PM »
have you tried the chewable antacids? Those work well enough for me. It doesnt always get rid of the stomach problems, but it almost always calms them down some. And since the antacids are basically just calcium carbonate, there's no way it can interact badly with your medicine.
Bookmark and Share

Offline firewife

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 11:25:09 PM »
Peppermints, like the kind you find around Christmas time. They work wonders for me. Crackers, milk, the normal nausea remedies could help.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: Nausea zoloft pepto Bismal