Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Anxiety Zone Wire    Games   Social Groups   AZ Member Blogs   Health News  Bored?

Author Topic: Lung cancer fear (again!) Please answer  (Read 102 times)

Offline daviezmom

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Lung cancer fear (again!) Please answer
« on: June 01, 2014, 10:14:37 AM »
I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, but my lung cancer fear is back.  It was only gone for a week :)

I'm 33.  I smoked for about 9 years, and quit 5 years ago.  Usually every April & October I will get a chest ache and an occasional dry cough. Like I'll just be sitting there and all of a sudden I have to cough.  It's always dry.  This has went on for a few years at least.  When it first started my dr said it was just the seasons with whatever is in the air at that time.  So like clockwork, I got it again in April.  However, I'm still having it from time to time.  It's not as frequent as it was back in April, however it's still there.  I'm very active.  I try to bike at least 3-5 miles a day.  I have 3 kids (2 toddlers) so I'm chasing them around all day.  Plus I try taking them for a walk in the double stroller (up hills and all that crazy stuff) at least every other day.  My question is....Can someone who has lung cancer do that type of exercising?  Or would it be too much for them? 

Also, here within the last few days I've started having an upper back pain, like between the shoulder blades, so that's freaking me out as well. 
I just had a CBC a couple weeks ago.  Numbers were perfect.
I'm scheduled for my annual tomorrow so I'm going to bring all this up to my dr.  But I'd love some peace of mind until then.  (plus something to refer back to the next time I have this fear)

Thank you to anyone who takes the time to read and answer this for me :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline IAMHEALTHY

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Lung cancer fear (again!) Please answer
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:02:47 PM »
Sounds like seasonal allergies.
My legs usually get an itchy rash every summer like clockwork
Bookmark and Share

Tags: