Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Trying not to google  (Read 239 times)

Offline bpadilla49

• Rec's: 4
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Trying not to google
« on: June 01, 2014, 12:27:13 AM »
I've never been concerned about muscle twitching because I know it's a common manifestation of anxiety.

However, lately my left forearm muscle has been twitching, ergo making my wedding ring finger go "up and down" whenever it spasms/twitches.

...not helping my brain tumor fear. I don't know that this is a symptom of a brain tumor, but I'm really trying not to google..
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 36
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Trying not to google
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:40:54 AM »
I had a similar twitch once.  Very weird, but didn't end up meaning anything; eventually it just went away on its own. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 01:24:32 AM »
I've had different twitches here and there, and like you Mollyfin, they amounted to nothing. I guess I just had a moment of weakness  ::)
Bookmark and Share

Online thenomnomnomicon

• Rec's: 9
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 02:26:02 AM »
Hah. I'm sorry your finger twitches, but man oh man. I twitch everywhere, dude. You will be doing yourself an IMMENSE disservice Googling right now. Do not do it. You already know twitches can be caused by anxiety. Leave it at that. Best of luck.
Bookmark and Share
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 02:28:29 AM »
I remember at one point I was really frustrated with it and yelled "OH JUST STOP IT ALREADY!" at the finger that would not.  Stop.  Jumping.  I would at times hold it down just because the sensation annoyed the heck out of me.  Maybe I pinched a nerve in my wrist or elbow.  No clue, but I'm guessing yours will go eventually as well.
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2014, 03:01:17 AM »
Yeah I haven't googled. Taking that as a "win!" - trying to get my little victories where I can - anyway I'm on to bigger and @better" (not really) fears at the moment. Did a ton if housework today and was around a lot of dust - and right now I have a pretty bad headache between my eyes - so naturally I have a brain eating amoeba. Gah! I just wish there were a switch to turn off my brain!!!!!!!!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2014, 03:16:05 PM »
You don't have a brain-eating amoeba, but you know that.  Anxiety is the pits.  Good luck beating it back once more. 
Bookmark and Share

Offline bpadilla49

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2014, 05:57:04 PM »
I woke up with horrible sinus pain and pressure. Great. Trying bit to freak out.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2014, 07:05:25 PM »
I've been dealing with the sinus pain and pressure lately too. I think I might just have some seasonal allergies, though. I've never had them in the past, but allergies can come on any time. Or maybe it's just a head cold. The thing that sucks is that when I get sinus pressure I also get vertigo, and THAT makes me anxious, even if I know what it is. Feeling like you're falling all the time causes anxiety.

The muscle twitch thing could be brought on by a salt imbalance (too much or too little of magnesium, calcium, sodium, potassium). It could also be brought on by an activity, especially a repetitive one. This time of year I get tremors and weakness and twitches in my hands because of all the yard work; holding the edger, using the mower; it's repetitive use of muscles that I haven't used all winter, and they suddenly start getting all weird on me. The first couple of times this happened I was freaking out, but then I learned the patterns and figured out the cause. I'm sure there's something similar at work for you.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: