Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Feeling of excess energy....anyone else?  (Read 144 times)

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Feeling of excess energy....anyone else?
« on: May 31, 2014, 07:19:09 PM »
Does anyone else ever feel this way? Like you have tons of energy, but in a bad way because it makes you feel like you're on edge? I've been feeling this way most of today & some of yesterday. It's happened before once or twice in the last couple of months.

If anyone else has had this...is it just anxiety? What do you do to make it go away? The last time it happened maybe a month ago, I got on an elliptical for a few minutes & it went away. I don't have access to exercise equipment right now, so I tried laying down & doing the bicycle movement with my legs for as long as I could. It helped for a little while, but now it's back again. Just wanted to see what others do if they've ever had this.

I'm going to go do some jumping jacks or something!
Bookmark and Share

Offline Toasted Butter

• Rec's: 3
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Feeling of excess energy....anyone else?
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2014, 12:53:49 AM »
I generally have the opposite- not enough energy. But sometimes I can feel antsy and just want to pace, especially when I am getting extremely anxious, or when I am discussing my anxiety with someone.
Bookmark and Share

Offline patmob

• Rec's: 7
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2014, 07:30:54 AM »
I'm confused as to what you're trying to communicate.  Are you saying you (1) have a lot of energy and feel like you can accomplish a ton or (2) are you saying you feel jittery and on edge like you've had 50 cups of coffee?

If its' #1 you won't get any sympathy from anyone here - we all wish we could feel that way - lol

If its #2 then that is a very common result of anxiety.  To make it go away you need to find a way to relax and deal with the anxiety.  Try meditation, chamomile tea, reduce caffeine and sugar intake, etc.
Bookmark and Share

Offline TyeDyedButterfly

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Indescribable
    Indescribable
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 08:09:37 AM »
Most of the time I am not like that but yes at times it does happen it is like I need to keep moving or if I am setting still I am going to jump out of my own body and skin very hard to explain sometimes.

I know its from anxiety and adrenaline rushes, I also get really shaky on the inside and that  makes me feel hyper.

You are actually doing the right thing by getting up and moving or exercising it helps burn off that feeling.
Bookmark and Share
PEACE, LOVE AND HAPPINESS !

God is Good all the Time! All the Time God is Good! :)

Offline Worrier1978

• Rec's: 1
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2014, 10:22:29 AM »
Most of the time I am not like that but yes at times it does happen it is like I need to keep moving or if I am setting still I am going to jump out of my own body and skin very hard to explain sometimes.

I know its from anxiety and adrenaline rushes, I also get really shaky on the inside and that  makes me feel hyper.

You are actually doing the right thing by getting up and moving or exercising it helps burn off that feeling.

You described it perfectly! I feel like I could run a marathon or something when it happens. But it's not a good feeling because it is an anxious feeling & it's hard to focus on anything. And while you would think it would be good to have this excess energy, I find that it actually makes me more tired. It is really hard to explain unless you've experienced it!

Relaxing when this happens is really difficult, so I find that trying to burn off the energy is the only thing that helps. So I did some exercise & moved around a lot, tried to work on some projects to shift my focus onto something else (which isn't easy, but I just keep trying). Towards bedtime I did try drinking some relaxation tea, which may have helped a bit. I did feel back to normal by bedtime.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: