Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: lymphoma/tonsil cancer fear  (Read 215 times)

Offline broker556

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
lymphoma/tonsil cancer fear
« on: May 31, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »
Its been over a month and this swollen movable lymph node is still here.  Left side of my neck.  Saw ENT 4 weeks ago and told me it was nothing.  I also have a slightly enlarged tonsil on the same side as the swollen lymph node.  ENT dr said it was marginally enlarged and said the other tonsil was tucked away so you couldn't see it as much.  That same enlarged tonsil I frequently get tonsil stones.  the tonsil is completely painless.  Well, i didn't give the tonsil any worries until I started googling :( another bad idea.  I swear the ENT told me she was 99.99% positive it was not cancerous.  When you go google symptoms is so vague.  Google enlarged tonsil and all hell breaks loose.  But i also read that when its cancerous its normally greatly larger then the other tonsil.  who knows what that means???  I read ppl saying that the enlarged tonsil took up half their throat.  Please anybody if you can shed some light on this topic please do.  I am borderline having a nervous break down :(  Plus i've know about this enlarged tonsil for at least 4-5 years.  Plus i had MONO before????  Please help
Bookmark and Share

Offline broker556

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: lymphoma/tonsil cancer fear
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 10:18:15 AM »
anyone pls???
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 11:32:40 AM »
Pretttttty sure having tonsil stones will inflame your tonsil to some extent and inflammation causes inflammation of lymph nodes. Sounds like absolutely nothing to worry about. I just went through a 7 month intense fear of lymphoma that was just put to rest yesterday. :) I have a movable rubbery node on the side of my neck that's been there over 10 years! Lymph nodes can become scarred and stay enlarged indefinitely. If you want of read my lymphoma fear story complete with night sweats, look back on my threads. :)
Bookmark and Share

Offline broker556

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 01:44:23 PM »
Ally,

thanks for responding.  I been in totally melt down for over a month.  I been to a top notch ENT, which is also a professor of surgery and her expertise is head and neck cancer.  She told me that the tonsil is marginally larger and its more pushed out then the other tonsil.  How did you get over you lymphoma worries?  did you have an test done

Bookmark and Share

Offline broker556

• Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 02:00:12 PM »
I noticed you had and MRI. I had a cervical mri and a brain mri done 3 years ago when i had MS and ALS fears :( all that came back clear and normal.  I also had lumbar mri last july when i tore my back up.  question???  wouldnt those mri's especially the Cspine mri show any swollen lymph node in my neck? 
Bookmark and Share

Offline Allytiel90

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 04:00:49 PM »
I had many tests but my reaons for suspecting lymphoma was night sweats and itching and also my appetite was off and on. I've had so many blood tests, several specific tumor marker blood tests, ultrasounds of pelvis, ultrasound of entire abdomen, chest X-ray, chest and abdominal mris, a GP and oncologist feeling all over in exams for nodes. The even felt several nodes and said they were normal sized.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: