Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: This is bad....  (Read 493 times)

Offline Nichlas224

• Rec's: 3
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
This is bad....
« on: May 31, 2014, 08:24:41 AM »
About 2 months ago i was terrified i was Sociopath or Psycopath.. But i ended up beliving i was not.. untill today.....

Im diagnosed with ADHD (Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder) and then i read this...

"Conduct disorder (CD) is a psychological disorder diagnosed in childhood or adolescence that presents itself through a repetitive and persistent pattern of behavior in which the basic rights of others or major age-appropriate norms are violated. These behaviors are often referred to as "antisocial behaviors." It is often seen as the precursor to antisocial personality disorder, which is not diagnosed until the individual is 18 years old." " IT IS OFTEN SEEN AS THE PRECURSOR TO ANTIOSOCIAL PERSONALITY DISORDER"  ANITSOCIAL (OR DISSOCIAL) PERSONALITY DISORDER BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH "Both have also stated that their diagnoses have been referred to, or include what is referred to, as psychopathy or sociopathy," ..... Now is there a difference between "Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder" & Just "Conduct Disorder" If there aint much a different exept "Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder" Is ADHD aswell that means im Sociopath/Psychopath... What i was terrified i was 2 months ago.... And my world just crashed..............................
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Rec's: 92
    • Poke This Member
Re: This is bad....
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 08:42:27 AM »
True, this is not good and surely something to attend to. You don't want to hurt others, you don't want to hurt yourself.

Tough for us to sort out but surely not tough for a therapist. You want to try and see a doctor to help you gain insight, maybe some meds, maybe CBT and its components to help you feel better about yourself. Wishing you the best.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2014, 08:47:54 AM »
This really sucks..
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2014, 08:59:00 AM »
Hope that is not the impression I gave you. My suggestion is to seek professional help so you can experience good feelings about yourself and others.

Your life, like anyone's, is one of learning, experiencing, thinking, feeling, growing. Sometimes we need others to help us and this can bring good results.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2014, 09:04:58 AM »
Yea but reading about Sociopaths and Psychopats theres no hope for me lol.. apparently i dont even care if i am or not.. so questioning myself weather or not this post is a lie aswel........
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2014, 09:43:02 AM »
You do care and we care. You are young and questioning everything. I did that too when I was young but I was more suicidal.

You want to get in touch with a doctor, someone who will listen to you, try and understand you, talk to you. :yes:
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2014, 10:22:53 AM »
I suppose im not a full blown psychopath since ive felt guilt and what not.. I was diagnosed with Hyperkinetic Conduct Disorder at age 18 so i guess if it was ASPD i wouldve been diagnosed with that since i was 18....
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 10:34:52 AM »
You have a conscience and maybe compassion, two key factors to keep you this side of the divide. You've also had medical attention to be diagnosed as you have been. And what has been the treatment?

Do you have a relationship with your father? Just asking, you need not answer, of course.
Bookmark and Share

Offline Nichlas224

Okay
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 10:45:18 AM »
The treatment have been none so far.. got a meeting with pdoc in 12 days where i have a jounal of thoughts and feelings of whats been going on the last few months. I hope from there i can get some answers cause the idea that maybe im sociopath or something really is just...

Hmm i dont really have a relationship with my father at age 14 or so my parents divorced and i lived with my dad for two years, he was never home at night and at day i wasnt and when we was both home id sit in my room playing computer lol.. I live around 3 hours from him now and we talk Rarely.
Bookmark and Share

Online tinam7

• Poke This Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2014, 11:20:39 AM »
Good for the forthcoming meeting and your journals. Excellent. You might want to read up on CBT which recommends the TEA format (Thought, Error, Analysis). You may find relevant books in your library.

The problem with divorce and absent fathers, makes me crazy. The selfish, irresponsible adults. You are no sociopath. You just need the care and love and attention that every one of us needs. Maybe others will join in if I rant about divorce. Regardless, you are on your way to lift your spirits. Maybe go for a walk, or is it night where you are?
Bookmark and Share

Tags: