Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: A lot sleepier lately than I used to be.  (Read 123 times)

Offline treadstone

• Rec's: 1
  • Mood: Okay
    Okay
    • Poke This Member
A lot sleepier lately than I used to be.
« on: May 30, 2014, 05:24:34 PM »
Hi everyone!

I went through a pretty big hypochondria scare in January. Since then, I've been put on medication for the first time - Zoloft and Buspar. I'm doing a lot better now, but lately I've been having quite a bit more tiredness than usual, and I decided I'd ask here instead of googling - which seldom goes well for me!

In the past 2-3 weeks, I've woken up feeling more like I've gotten 4 hours of sleep than the 8-9 I'm actually getting. I feel alright for the first hour or two that I'm awake, but then the urge to go back to bed gets pretty strong. I yawn, I slouch, and I feel kind of anxious. When I do go back to bed, I usually sleep lightly for 1-2 hours and then wake up. I usually feel better after this little nap and I go about my day. I still feel a little more tired than usual, but I don't end up needing another nap. I end up feeling the most awake after the sun goes down!

So it's nothing awful but this sudden change in my sleep habits made me a little bit worried. I'm a fellow in my mid-20s who's never been much of a napper. Before this, I took a nap maybe once every three months, but now I've taken a dozen in two weeks. Also, the timing is a bit weird. I can understand wanting a nap after having been up for six or eight hours, but getting so sleepy just an hour or two after waking up strikes me as odd.

My diet and nightly sleep patterns haven't changed. The only thing that's different now compared to a month ago is that I'm on summer break from college. But I don't want to sleep. I have tons of things I want to do!

Perhaps this all sounds very silly, but as someone who barely ever naps, this sudden increase has left me a little curious as to possible causes. Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline mollyfin

• Rec's: 37
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: A lot sleepier lately than I used to be.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2014, 03:47:54 AM »
Both of those medications can cause fatigue and sleepiness as side effects. 
Bookmark and Share

Tags: tired sleepy 

anything