Chat Now!   Member Gallery    Member Articles    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: need urgent (reply)  (Read 129 times)

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
need urgent (reply)
« on: May 30, 2014, 01:08:00 PM »
i wake up in the morning feel like if been suffocaated and start breathing in and out rapidly and short off breath
i also feel short off breath threw out the day if i can distract myself usally dont think about it and goes but
my nose feels stuffed sorta like my airway in nose is closed but i can breath out off it better than in
i bring up loads off snot in mornings also my heart doesnt race i been told by my mum i dont have asthma she checked my breathinng am not wheezing but sometimes i get really hot and sweaty my hands go cold and stuff

been like this for 6 days now and im panicing about it but people say your fine my nana has asthma but she said i dont have asthma either also had complete blood count ox pulsewitch came out 100% lungs checked ect

im freaking out and feel so short off breath sould i ring ambulance but i did this last time and told me its was anxiety my ribs feel tight like pressure or band feeling around them also i cant belly breath to good for some reason
Bookmark and Share

Online crikee57

• Global Moderator
  • Rec's: 68
  • Mood: Sleepy
    Sleepy
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: need urgent (reply)
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2014, 01:32:47 PM »
If you have been checked by a doctor and they say you are fine, why are you fighting the idea that is it anxiety like they tell you?  If it goes away when you are distracted and also ok while you sleep then you can use this as evidence that it is anxiety and your own tension causing the symptoms.  I do have mild asthma myself and laying down makes it harder to breathe and if while sleeping you have no issues then again it is evidence that you don't have asthma.  The 100% oxygen reading is more evidence.  Start building a list of the evidence that you are ok to counter the scary thoughts.  I would also only recommend calling an ambulance or going to ER if it is an actual emergency.  Since this has gone on for days, you have opportunity to make an appointment with your regular doctor to discuss.  The benefit of your regular doctor is that they know your history and will be able to see if there are changes or not.  Hope this helps.

Bookmark and Share
It's not what's in front of us that stops us.  It's what's inside that holds us back.

Offline WishfullnHopefull

• Rec's: 0
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 01:44:27 PM »
okay crikiee thank i had the ox reading about 12 weeks ago and the lung checked before when i had same ssyptoms if i deep breath thoe i wont go away
i been struggling to breath allday for 6 days no but i had this before but this time its bad but i think its because my anxiety level has gone up more
Bookmark and Share

Offline Never-Quit

• Pay It Forward ! and Be a Blessing to others !
  • Rec's: 22
  • Mood: Happy
    Happy
  • Overcomer by God's Grace- Panic/Anxiety/OCD
    • Poke This Member
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2014, 02:01:36 PM »
I noticed some of your symptoms - Back in the early 80's I had trouble breathing and felt I would die.  I even woke up late at night, in states of terror in which I had a hard time breathing.

After seeing several doctors to check for any other problems, such as Asthma or blocked airways, a neurologist finally diagnosed with Panic Attacks, especially night terrors...

If your Dr. rules out any physical problems - there is a strong possibility you are experiencing a Panic Disorder... 

Talk to your Dr. about this... It took 3 months and about 5 doctors visits to determine my trouble breathing was caused by Panic disorder...

I hope this might help...

Stay well  :happy0151:
Bookmark and Share
Never, never, never give up. -Winston Churchill

“You can’t live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you."   ~ John Wooden

Tags: can't breathe