Member Gallery    Games   Member Groups   Member Blogs   Health News    Bored?

Author Topic: Would be nice to hear some encouraging posts too.  (Read 475 times)

Offline Stressed Jumper

• Rec's: 10
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would be nice to hear some encouraging posts too.
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2014, 12:59:13 PM »
Hey there!  Fellow GAD sufferer and author here.  Thanks to meds (Zoloft) and being so busy running my own business I don't have enough time for anxiety anymore.  What time I might spend worrying I now spend posting on these forums.  For a few years my anxiety ruled my life, now I rule my anxiety...with an iron fist if necessary.  By keeping busy and putting my students and clients and horses first I have learned to function and be happy again!

P.S. WorldBeat: I write Fantasy too, but more genre specific and less literary than yours.  Would you mind sharing the names of your agent and publisher?  I am currently ready to start shopping two books around and would appreciate any advice you have to give.  Thanks!
Bookmark and Share

Offline worldbeat99

• Rec's: 17
  • Personal text
    • Poke This Member
Re: Would be nice to hear some encouraging posts too.
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2014, 02:29:32 PM »
Thanks everyone for keeping this thread active.

Stressed Jumper, I don't currently use an agent.  I self published my first speculative novel THE PROSPECT OF MY ARRIVAL using
createspace   com.   It's on Amazon in kindle and paper.  I recommend you check out Amazon's novel contest.  It's the Amazon Breakthrough Novel Awards.  Annual contest.  I can't post the link here.   And there are good publishers that unagented writers can submit to these days.  Farrar, Straus and Giroux is one of them.
Bookmark and Share

Tags: